Summer

The first day at the Addams house was arguably the weirdest yet most interesting by far. I woke up to a loud pounding on my door and a paper being slid through the little crack at the bottom. 

I groaned a little bit and looked around. I jumped when I saw Thing.

"That's gonna take a lot of getting used to," I whispered to myself as I got out of bed. I picked up the slip of paper. It was in ornately scribbled font in black ink.

Ophelia Dear,

I sent Lurch to awake you this  lovely morning.

I looked out the window and smiled. It was drizzling but I knew it would still be warm. It was a lovely morning. I kept reading.

We would love if you joined us for breakfast at 8:30, we hope you settled in nicely and we shall see you soon.

~Aunt Morticia.

I looked at the alarm clock on my nightstand. It was 8:00 now, so I had more than enough time to get ready. 

I decided to take another shower, not to long this time, just enough to wake me up. When I got out a did my hair and parted it down the middle in my go to style. Was it much of a style if it was down?

I shrugged and got into some comfortable clothes. I didn't know the formality of these breakfasts so i dressed kind of nice... but not too nice, if that makes sense. I dressed as nice as nice was in my book without being dressy.

I frustrated myself and just quickly threw my hair in a low messy bun. I walked out and sat on the edge of the bed, lacing up my converse. Thing gave his approval in the form of a thumbs up and i laughed.

 Thing gave his approval in the form of a thumbs up and i laughed

Side note: This was the outfit I had pictured :)

Thing went over to the door and I opened it, following him out as he scurried down the hall.

We went down the stairs, Thing taking the lead and practically jumping down half of them.

When we walked into the kitchen everyone was already there.  It was chaotic but it somehow felt completely normal.

Pugsley and Gomez were fighting with two of the swords from the wall around the table. Morticia was watching them with a loving motherly gaze. She didn't seemed worried about how close the blades came to their faces. 

Wednesday was sitting at the table calmly reading a book. Thing had mad his way onto her shoulder. 

Lurch walked in past me and everyone stopped what they were doing. Instead of watching Lurch come and set the table for them, they looked at me.

"Ophelia!" Morticia clasped her hands together softly and stood up. "I'm so glad you decided to join us, I hope Lurch woke you up gently?" I nodded, leaving out the part about him banging on the door.