I'm Not Wednesday

I took the book from his hands. It was nice a nice, thick drawing sketchbook. I sighed.

"Thanks."

I made my way to the front counter, walking away from him again.

"Look I'm sorry about last night, I really don't know what I was thinking."

"Impulse can be a very powerful thing." I smiled lightly over at him. He sighed.

"I didn't mean to make you upset with me."

"I just met you, how could I be upset with you?"

"I don't know, you just... seem mad." He shrugged and shook his head a little, a piece of his hair falling into his face.

I reached up and pushed it back behind his ear.

"I just don't want to be a rebound."

His face contorted into a look of surprise.

"Rebound?" He said in disbelief.

"Yeah you know like whe-"

"No I know what a rebound is... but why would that make you one?"

"Because you couldn't get Wednesday so  now you're settling for her equally weird, slightly more fashionable cousin."

My little joke made me chuckle, but he shook his head again.

"Why would I want Wednesday? I mean sure were friends, but she doesn't care about me like that. She hasn't even texted me once over the summer! I don't want to be with someone who wont make time for me."

"Well I'm not Wednesday... so that wont be a problem here."

"I know your not Wednesday, I honestly didn't even know you two were related."

I laughed a little.

"So you're not mad at me?" He asked. I shook my head and put the book on the counter so the lady could check me out.

"No, and I'm sorry for accusing you of well everything really." I replied. I paid for the book and walked back over to him.

"So are you any good?" 

"Lets find out shall we?" I said and raised my eyebrows.

I walked out of the store and went to go find a place to sit. I led Xavier back to the Weathervane and we sat down in a booth.

I pulled my pencils out of my bag and opened the book.

"Usually I draw some really weird stuff..." I explained, still looking down at the blank paper.

"Nothing wrong with that."

"No but recently its all been like hyper realistic stuff, and I have to say I'm not a fan of it.'

"Then why draw it?" He asked.

"Well, sometimes... most times I just start drawing. Half of the time I don't even know what I'm drawing until its done if that makes sense."

He nodded and leaned back, running a hand through his hair.

"No, yeah that makes a lot of sense, that seems to be just how art works right?"

I laughed and let my pencil meet the paper. Xavier watched me as I worked. Halfway through I smiled at the familiar sight of my weird style. When I finished, he turned it to him.

"So what is it?" he asked.

"I couldn't tell you." We both looked at each other and laughed.

" We both looked at each other and laughed

Side note: This is the drawing. I drew it and this is how I pictured their style of art would be.

"Well its interesting, but good. Definitely not realistic though."

"I told you I wasn't a fan of realism." He smiled and nodded.

"I like looking at realism though, its cool that people can make things so lifelike."

Xavier laughed.

"I can make your picture lifelike..."

I narrowed my eyes and pulled it away.

"No that's okay, I like it how it is."

"No, I'm not going to do anything to it, here let me show you.

I sighed and pushed the book towards him.

"Mess it up and you're dead."