Sucker for Love (Xavier Thorpe)

You and Xavier knew each other ever since you first arrived at Nevermore, which was two years ago. He had been the one to show you around and after that you two became friends.

Right now you were ranting about a class you hated to Xavier, you had a sucker in your mouth but whenever you spoke you took it out of your mouth.

"I've been ranting haven't I? Sorry 'bout that Xavier, by the way, do you want a sucker, I have another in my bag," you offered to Xavier after apologizing, you had the sucker in your hand as you spoke.

Xavier just eyes the sucker in your hand before he takes it out of your hand and puts it into his own mouth. You just looked at him wide-eyed as he took it out of his mouth, "It tastes good, no wonder you like it," Xavier plays it off as if he isn't possibly tasting your spit right now.

"Okay then," you attempt to keep your cool and you reach down to your bag to get you another sucker

—---------

It had been a month since the sucker incident and since then Xavier had been doing things that hinted to you that he wanted more from your friendship.

It started with suggestive jokes that escalated into blatant flirting, seven separate people asked if you were dating now and it was starting to piss you off. Even though all the flirting made you realize you liked him, you still didn't like people assuming you two were dating, even though it made sense why. It just made you feel worse, your crush was flirting with you, then playing it off as if nothing happened, then rinse and repeat. You couldn't tell if he meant it since he did it so casually. With this realization, you decided to ask him a specific question.

You two were hanging out in Xavier's art shed, he was sketching and you were studying while occasionally taking small breaks to watch him draw.

"Xavier," you say over the music softly playing in the background.

"Mhm," Xavier tilts his head toward you but his eyes are still planted on his sketchbook.

"What do I mean to you?" you bluntly ask. This makes Xavier raise his head and look at you in confusion.

"Well, you're my friend so you mean a lot to me," Xavier answers. "No, I mean you've been sending me mixed signals for the past month, what do I mean to you?" you let some pent-up frustration out.

This catches Xavier by surprise, he clenches his jaw and looks anywhere but at you.

"Fine, if you're not going to answer me I think I should be leaving," you stand up and start walking past Xavier to get to your bag. Xavier grabs your wrist but still looks away from you. "You can't even look at me Xavier," you try and free yourself from his grip.

"You mean everything to me okay!? I like you," he snaps and finally speaks up.

You look at him in awe, he liked you back? Now you felt guilty for how you spoke to him mere seconds ago. "Look I'm sorry, I got mad for reason, if it makes you feel any better, I- I like you too," now it was your turn to look away. In your peripheral vision, you could see Xavier standing up and getting closer to you. "Look at me please," you listen to him and finally look up into his eyes and he smiles at you.

He stares into your eyes before bringing his lips to yours, you hesitate but return the kiss. "I love you," he whispers, not letting you respond and starts kissing you again.