Make-up Make-out (Xavier Thorpe)

You and Xavier had been friends for a while now, but recently he had been distancing himself from you to go annoy Wednesday.

You knew she was annoyed by him since not only could you just tell by her uninterested glare but you were somewhat close to Enid. So you, Wednesday and her hung out sometimes.

You never blamed Wednesday for the attention she received from Xavier, but you couldn't say you weren't a bit jealous of it. You never dared to tell Xavier but you did have romantic feelings toward him, they developed around when he got together with Bianca so you pushed them away. When he broke up with Bianca you knew he was too wreaked by the break up for any more relationships, then Wednesday came along and you just had to shove your feelings away again.

Right now Xavier was painting the mural on the school's wall in the Quad, but he was also stealing so many glances at Wednesday that you were surprised that she hadn't seemed to notice. You sat beside him watching as he delicately planted brush strokes down, suddenly something popped up in your mind.

"Hey Xavier," you aimed to get his attention from staring at Wednesday to you.

"Yeah," he replied finally looking down at you.

"Do you want to go to the Jericho Carnival with me tonight?" you questioned, you hoped he'd say yes, even if you two were just going to go as friends you would still cherish every moment of it.

"Sure," he said with a small smile before he returned his attention to the mural.

------------

You arrived at the carnival with Xavier by your side, and you immediately were drawn to a game and dragged him to it. He laughed at your antics and teased you, you just laughed with him and got him to play some games with you. You adored the smile that graced his features and how he genuinely concentrated on specific games, god you hated but also loved the butterflies that erupted in your stomach. You continued weaving through the many people to play the games that interested either of you, while that happened you joked around with him. At some point, he won a game and he got the prize, a small teddy bear. He gave it to you and said he didn't want it, you gripped onto the bear with your life fearing you might drop or forget it somewhere. You realized you were hungry when you heard your stomach rumble, "Oh, let's get some cotton candy!" you excitedly say looking at a stall that was selling the fluffy treat.

When Xavier didn't respond you looked back at him and saw his attention was drawn to a certain black-haired girl at a stall. All the joyfulness you felt before washed away as Xavier ditches you to strike up a conversation with her.

You stood there for a few seconds before someone taps your shoulder causing you to jump in surprise. You turn around to see a vampire you recognized from school.

"Oh, Oliver right?" you said with a nervous smile, he did catch you getting ditched by your crush so you couldn't help but feel a bit nervous.

"Yeah, um I saw that whoever was with you" he hesitated, "ditched you" he finished off with a sheepish smile hoping not to make things awkward. You internally cringed at how he worded it, "Yeah, um he did, he just saw someone he hadn't seen in a while, so you know," you tried playing it off as if it were nothing, which it wasn't.

"Do you mind if I-" Oliver was cut off by another voice calling out your name.

The two of you turn to face whoever yelled out your name, it was Xavier with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey can we talk?" he asks you while sending a dirty look toward Oliver. Oliver walks away slightly intimidated.

Before you could get a word in Xavier caught your wrist and dragged you away from the crowd.