Comfort to Confession (Rowan Laslow)

You and Rowan had been close friends ever since you could remember, though you always wanted to be closer. He was very open toward you, so when his nightmares started you were the first person he went to.

You were sleeping in your dorm when you heard frantic knocking at the door. You groggily got up to open it, you saw Rowan standing in front of you. His face was stained with tears that were still falling and he was hugging himself. You immediately let him in and led him to sit on the bed.

You wipe away his tears before hugging him, "Another nightmare?" you ask softly.

He replied with a small "Mhm," before hugging you back pretty tight as if you were going to vanish. You rubbed circles into his back comfortingly to try and help calm him down.

You two kept hugging each other until he spoke, "You were in it," he stammered and pulled you closer to where you were on his lap.

"What happened in it?" you tried to hide the fact you were flustered by his actions.

"We were in the woods, and it was normal until this fog rolled in," he hiccuped and steadied his breathing, "then I lost you. I went searching and I heard you scream so I ran toward where I heard it. Then I saw you getting ripped apart by this giant monster," he started to cry again and you pet his hair.

"You want to sleep in here tonight?" you ask gently. His reply is almost immediate as he nods his head in approval.

You try and let go of him to lay down but he holds you closer and picks you up. He lays you both down on the bed, your hands are still around him and his are still holding you close.

If you were able to keep composure before you wouldn't be able to now. His face was buried into the crook of your neck, you could feel him breathing onto your neck as his lips ghosted over your skin.

After a few minutes, you heard his breathing slow and his grip on you slightly loosened, you assumed he was asleep. You looked down at him, "I love you," you smiled sleepily before drifting off.

Rowan on the other hand heard your accidental confession, he told himself that he'd confront you tomorrow and he also fell asleep.

—---------

Your eyes fluttered open as the memories of last night came rushing back. You sat up looking for Rowan as he wasn't in bed with you anymore.

"Hey," you heard Rowan's voice from your desk, god you loved his morning voice.

"Morning, how are you feeling," you reply, rubbing your eyes and getting up to stretch.

Rowan ignores your question, "Want to explain what you said last night," Rowan says, stalking closer to you. Your eyes furrowed as you tried to piece together what he meant until it clicked.

Shock coursed through your body as he continued closer to you.

Even though he was now standing right in front of you he got even closer, you backed up until the back of your legs hit your bed. You were forced to sit on the bed as he leaned down and placed his hands on the bed beside your thighs. His face was so close to yours and his eyes bore into yours.

"You heard that?" you avert your gaze by turning your head to the left.

"I did, so you want to explain it, love," you could practically hear his smirk through his words and the nickname makes your heart race even faster. Your breath hitches as his fingers gently but firmly grab your chin and force you to look at him. You try and open your mouth to speak but nothing comes out.

"Cat got your tongue?" he teased, "How about I help you a bit," he smiled at how flustered you were. Before you knew it his hands were on your hips and his lips on yours. You melted into his touch and your hands cupped his face.

When the both of you needed air your lips detached, and he kept his forehead against yours.

"I love you," you said between pants. His response was just kissing you again and you smiled against his lips.

You were so glad it was the weekend cause you might be stuck in your dorm the whole day.