Lilac Sky [4]

TW: mention of death.

Chaeyoung has been staring blankly at the papers in front of her. She doesn't know what to feel while reading what's written on the paper.

She sighed, wiping her tears.

Because today, she went to Doctor Choi's office. She traveled for an hour to locate her office and ask the nurses and gladly led them to her. The eagerness to know the truth had brought her to this.

The talk with her last week had bothered her a lot. She couldn't sleep well thinking of what was she's pertaining to her last words before they parted ways. Or maybe she knows, but denies it because it's impossible.

Her thoughts have been messing her up for a week and so she decided to see it herself.

She begged Doctor Choi to see the result but the latter, at first, refused because it's a confidential file and it's one of the policies of the hospital. But Chaeyoung has the right to know. And so Doctor Choi printed the file and handed it to her.

"I hope this will help you." Doctor Choi smiled.

With shaking hands, Chaeyoung held the paper and tried to read and understand all those numbers.

"I..I don't understand.." Chaeyoung uttered. Her eyes were starting to blur as tears threatened to fall.

"It says it's positive, Chaeyoung."

As if on cue, her tears cascade down her face. All Chaeyoung could do was sob while holding the paper close to her, as if her life depended on it.

Doctor Choi let her cry for a while, giving her time to sink everything. She understands Chaeyoung's situation at the moment. They were, for years, hiding that she has a child with Myoi Mina. In which Doctor Choi witnesses the undying love they have for each other.

She suddenly remembered how excited they were to know that they could undergo IVF. She was there when they searched for a sperm donor, she was there to also witness how caring Chaeyoung was to Mina. She really never left her side since then. That's why she felt odd seeing Mina alone that day to ask for the result of the IVF.

Then after a month, she saw the news that Mina will be tying knots with the Kims.

"B-but Mina took a pregnancy test and it showed negative." Chaeyoung stuttered, looking at Doctor Choi.

She sighed, "Pregnancy tests are not always accurate. There are instances that it can give false results. Maybe that's why Mina went here for a check up."

Chaeyoung nodded. Absorbing the information still.