Lilac Sky [1]

"Chaeyoung-ah,"

Chaeyoung felt a tap on her shoulder. When she turned around she saw Jihyo, the cafe owner of the place she's working, smiling softly at her.

She hummed, returning the smile. "You should go home." She told the younger woman and when she was about to open her mouth, knowing she would reject the idea, she cut her off. "I will not take a no from you. You've been forcing yourself too hard, Chaeyoung."

Ever since she got fired from her previous work, all her applications were rejected and knowing well enough who's behind all of these she gave up eventually and settled from working from her friend's cafe.

She gave up without a fight. She already knows what will happen to her if she ever attempts to. She will lose in the end anyway.

Chaeyoung sighed, Jihyo's right she should at least take a rest for a while. But she doesn't have anything to do after her shift.

"Alright, thank you Jihyo unnie." Jihyo patted her head, giving her another motherly smile.

When Chaeyoung changed into her clothes, she bid goodbye to her co-workers who had become her friends. Jihyo even gave her a new, fresh baked bread for her to eat at home.

Since she went off from work earlier than her usual time, she decided to walk instead of taking a bus. She smiled as she passed by different buildings. There is a flower shop not too far from the cafe, a bookstore next to it that looks so cozy and chill as she looks from the outside and boutiques.

The smile on her face didn't leave her face until she passed by a park. She had always wanted to go to this park and walk around but because of how late she left from work, the place still looks dangerous since it's an open space which means anyone could be lurking around at night.

She was almost near the end point of the park when she heard someone arguing with a child. She squinted her eyes as she was nearing what looked like an ice cream truck parked near the end point of the park.

"Your money...is not enough." She heard a raspy voice, maybe coming from the owner of the ice cream truck who's talking to a kid. She can hear the struggle of the old man as he was trying to talk in english to the kid.

The kid was at his average height for a kid, he has an alabaster skin, very smooth if she will be honest, and he was wearing faded blue jeans and white branded sneakers (probably a three month worth salary of hers) and a white shirt topped with a blue flannel. She assumed he was 3 to 5 years old.

She continued to listen to their conversation, not that she's eavesdropping. No she's not.

"Well...I don't have any more money with me but these coins I have in my pocket." The kid said in straight english. She glanced over at the old man who was very confused about what this kid was saying.

"He's probably raised in America." She mumbled, though his features screamed Korean or maybe his parents taught him how to speak in english.