The Mind Flayer - [PT2]

y/n's pov

After quite the drive we arrived at the Byers' house. We laid Will down on the couch, who was still completely passed out. Far from waking up anytime soon. Ms. Byers left to her room.

Jonathan went to Will, kneeling next to him, rubbing his head. Nancy was standing next to him.. "Hey..It's me. I'm sorry, bud. I'm sorry I wasn't there. I should have been there."

I was knelt next to Jonathan holding Will's hand. Jonathan turned to look at me. "How was he?"

I sighed. "It was...chaotic. He's not the best. It hurt to see him like that. That whole thing hurt to watch, but I had to be there for him." I felt tears forming in my eyes as I looked at Will. Jonathan got closer to me and put an arm around my shoulder. I leaned into it a bit as tears slowly fell down my cheeks. Jonathan was always the older brother I never had.

"I should've been there. For both of you." He said.

"You were busy. It probably was better than you weren't there."

Meanwhile, Hopper was on the phone with the government, trying to get backup. I stood up and walked over to the dining table with my friends. Hopper angrily put the phone back onto the receiver and walked over to us.

"They didn't believe you, did they?" Dustin asked. I sat in between him and Mike.

"We'll see."

"'We'll see'? We can't just sit here while those monsters are loose!" I shouted.

"We stay here, and we wait for help." Hopper walked away to Ms. Byers room.

I sighed angrily and leaned into my chair more. I looked around the room. All the drawings Will had drawn of the "map."

We were all sat quietly, on the dining table. There was nothing to say. Mike looked around and walked over to the coffee table in the living room.

I remembered about my powers, and the fact that I hadn't told my friends. "Hey, uhm..guys?" They're attention all turned to me, except for Mike, who couldn't give a shit about me. "So, I have something to tell—"

"Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?" Mike cut me off and just like that, it was as if I never said anything.

"Really?" Lucas sat up a bit.

Mike turned around to look at us and nodded. "He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fundraiser for equipment. Mr. Clarke learned everything from him." Mike walked back over to where we were sitting. "Pretty awesome, right?"

"Yeah."

Mike put down one of the puzzles Bob had brought for Will to solve. "We can't let him die in vain."

"Mike, there's nothing we can do. That lab was full of those monsters. Tons of them." I looked up at him.

"The Chief's right on this. We can't stop those Demo-dogs on our own."

"The what?" Max and I jinxed.

"Demogorgon. Dogs. Demo-dogs. It's like a compound. It's like a play on words—"

"Okay, okay. We know what compounds are." I smiled sarcastically.

"I mean, when it was just Dart, maybe we would be able to alone." Dustin added.

"But there's an army now."

"Precisely."

I stared at the floor and then something clicked. "His army."

"What do you mean?" Steve questioned.

"His army." I repeated. "Maybe if we stop him, we can stop his army, too."