MADMAX -[PT2] - FINAL PT

y/n's pov

"You guys think he's okay?" I questioned.

"He's always weird when he has to go in."

"I don't know, he's more quiet than usual." I replied.

"He's always quiet."

"Yeah..but-"

"I'm sure he's fine." Lucas reassured.

After school...

I went home after school. Lucas and Dustin went to perform their stalker move on Max, and Mike went home as well.

When I got home, my parents were at the table. "Hi, sweetie."

"Hi."

"How was school?"

"Good."

"That's good. You have an appointment with Dr. Owens in two days."

"Again?" I complained. I always have to go to the doctors office.

"Yes. They just need another check-up."

"Ughhh." I groaned and went up to my room.

A couple hours later..

I went downstairs for dinner. My parents made one of my favorites, y/f/f.

I sat at my spot on the table and began to dig in. It was quiet. The only thing heard was my brothers loud chewing.

"Chew with your mouth closed, you sound like a cow." I told him.

He just looked at me and continued eating.

"So, Y/n, you excited for Halloween tomorrow?" My mom asked.

"Yep."

"You're going to the Byers after school, right?"

"Mhm." I hummed in response.

"Alright, I want you home no later than 11."

"Okay." I continued eating my food.

When I finished, I washed my plate and went upstairs to get ready for bed. I got my pajamas and took a warm shower. I brushed my teeth and my y/h/t (your hair type) hair.

I went downstairs to say goodnight to my parents, went back up, and laid in my bed. I shut my eyes for a while, but for some reason, I couldn't fall asleep. I tried again for another 10 minutes, still nothing.

I decided to grab my intercom to see if anyone was awake.

"Does anyone copy? Anyone awake?"

I waited. No response.

"I'm up." I heard a voice that brought butterflies to my stomach. Will. He sounded kind of..shaken up?

"Oh, hey."

"Hey."

"Let's change channels so we don't wake up everyone else." I said and changed the channel. "Do you copy, Will?"

"Yeah, I copy." He answered.

"Alright...soo..whatcha doing?"

"Nothing, I couldn't sleep."

"Me either." I replied. There was a small, awkward silence. "So, you excited for Halloween tomorrow?"

"Yeah, you're coming to my house after school, right?" He asked.

"Yep."

Another silence.

"So, what do you think about the new girl? Max." He spoke up.

"Oh, she seems cool. I feel bad though. They're just stalking her like pedophiles." I laughed quietly.

He giggled a bit. "I know, right? I'm pretty sure she feels their burning gaze."

"Exactly, like, poor girl." There was another short silence. "So, how was it today? You know.."

"Same thing. Tests and stuff."

"Oh, well, I have an appointment with him in 2 days. I always have appointments with him I can never catch a break."

Will laughed a little bit.

"And whenever I go, he always calls my parents out to talk to them. It takes forever."

"I know!" Will exclaimed quietly. "He does the same with me."

I chuckled a bit.

"Will, can I ask you something? But, I want you to answer truthfully." I spoke.

"Yeah."

"What was the paper that you were holding in the morning?"

"I -I told you, i-it was an old test." He hesitated and stuttered.

"Will...if anyone knows you the best it's me. And I know when your lying."

He sighed. "It was a picture of me from the newspaper..a-and it said.." he paused.

"What did it say?"

"Z-zombie boy."

My eyes widened. "What?!" I shouted. "Which asshole did that?"

"Y/n/n, it doesn't matter. It's fine."

"No, Will. That's not fine. That's a rude and bitchy thing to do."

"I know, but.." Will sighed again. "Don't tell anyone. Not even Mike. Please."

"I won't. I promise."

"Cross your heart?" He inquired.

I crossed my heart even though he couldn't see it. "Cross my heart."

"Thanks, Y/n/n. You're the best."

Butterflies swarmed into my stomach and my face got warmer. Good thing he couldn't see because that would be embarrassing.

We talked for a couple more hours. Until I heard a yawn from him.

"You tired?" I asked him.

"Yeah.."

"Alright, well I'll leave you alone to go to sleep."

"Okay, goodnight, Y/n."

"Goodnight, Will."

I shut off my intercom and put it down next to me. I sighed and smiled to myself. I just had the longest late night talk ever with Will Byers.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep, thinking about my crush, and spending Halloween with him.