The Mind Flayer - [PT1]

A/n: I literally had to skip the whole lost sister ep because no scenes from hawkins is there 😭. Also a little TW for a short panic attack.

y/n's pov

Alarms blared through the whole lab. It's too late. I froze in my place, still trapped in Bob's arms.

"What the hell?" He looked around.

My breathing got heavier. "We're too late."

"What?"

"We're too late!" I finally escaped Bob's grip and ran back to the room.

"What's going on?" Ms. Byers asked as I entered the room.

"We're under attack."

———

I grabbed the syringe from the counter next to Will's bed. "We need to make him go to sleep."

"What?" Ms. Byers was still confused.

"He's a spy for the shadow. If he knows where we are, so does the monster."

Will looked at me and grew a panicked look. "She's lying!"

"He killed the soldiers and possibly everyone down there, he could kill us, too!" I shouted.

"She's lying! She's lying! She's lying!" Will repeated as Bob and Ms. Byers tried to hold him down and stop him from yelling. "She's lying!"

We heard gunshots from below us.

"Those are gunshots!"

No shit.

Will continued yelling that I was lying. Ms. Byers stopped him and looked him in the eye. "Okay, Will, Will, listen, listen. Do you know who I am?"

He just stared at her, breathing heavily, not replying.

"Do you know who I am?" She repeated.

"You're..." Will looked at her up and down. "You're..You're Mom."

She looked at him for a bit and looked at Bob. "Hold him down."

Will started shouting more. "No! No! Let go! No! No! Let me go! Let go!"

Ms. Byers walked over to me and I handed her the syringe. I covered my ears and stared at the scene with wide eyes. I couldn't bear to listen.

"Im sorry." Ms. Byers cried as she stuck the needle into Will's arm.

"Let me go! Let me go! Let me go!"

"Im sorry. Im so sorry." She squeezed the liquid into his arm.

"No! Let go! Let me go! Let me..." Will's eyes slowly closed and he passed out. I uncovered my ears and looked at his limp body.

Hopper and Dr. Owens barged into the room as soon as his eyes closed. We heard monsters growling from behind them, banging on the door.

"We gotta go. We gotta go." Hopper walked over to Will and picked him up, slinging him over his shoulder.

Ms. Byers took some more of the syringe liquid and put it in her pocket. We left the room, running through the hallways. As we ran, I could hear the painful screams of people being killed by the Demogorgon. We saw a soldier behind us shooting at one of the monsters, so we went into the closest room.

To our luck, that room had cameras of all the rooms. I saw doctors and soldiers dying from the Demogorgon. I faced the other way and saw Hopper
placing Will on the table.

"Oh, my God." Bob got everyone's attention. They all turned to look at the screens, but I didn't. The lights above us began to flicker, then went out. Of course.