Dig Dug - [PT1] - Only PT

y/n's pov

"It's like..it's liked I feel what the shadow monster's feeling. See what he's seeing." Will was sweating.

"Like in the Upside Down?"

"Some of him is there. But some of him is here, too." He explained to me.

"Here, like, in this house?"

"In this house and in me. It's like..it's like he's reaching into Hawkins more and more. And the more he spreads, the more connected to him I feel."

I sat next to him on his bed. "And the more you see these now-memories?"

"At first I just felt it in the back of my head." Will put his hand on the back of his neck. "I didn't even really know it was there. It's like when you have a dream and you can't remember it unless you think really hard. It was like that. But know it's like...Now I remember. I remember all the time."

"Maybe, maybe that's a good thing." I remarked.

"A good thing?"

"Yeah, you're like a spy now. A superspy. To spy on the shadow monster. If you know what he's seeing and feeling..maybe that'll help us stop him. Maybe all of this is happening for a reason." I said.

"You really think so?" Will looked around and then at me.

"Yeah. I really do."

Will looked down at the drawing of the shadow monster. "What if he figures out we're spying on him?" He sniffled. "What if he spies back?"

"He won't." I looked at him. He was drenched in sweat.

"How do you know?"

I held his hand with my own and squeezed it a bit. "We won't let him."

Shortly after that, we got ready for bed. Ms. Byers put out a little mattress for me next to Will's bed on the floor. I stayed up with Will to make sure he went to sleep, and he did, so I went to sleep as well.

———

I woke up in a cold sweat and my heart was pounding. I had a nightmare.

The shadow monster, he was trying to come into our world, and there was a bunch of Demogorgons and other scary monsters. When I tried to use my powers, it didn't work, and the shadow chased me down.

I got up and went to the restroom. I used the toilet and washed my hands, cupping some water and splashing it onto my face. I dried my face off with a towel and went back to Will's room.

When I got back to the room. Will was awake, sitting up on his bed, looking at the door.

"Sorry, did I wake you?"

He shook his head. "I was already awake."

"Oh."

I went back to the mattress and laid back down. Will did the same and I shut my eyes to fall back asleep, but I couldn't.

"Y/n?" Will whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Umm..I can't sleep.."

"Me either."

"C-can you l-lay with me?" Will stuttered. My stomach exploded and my cheeks started to burn.

"Yeah, sure." I grabbed my pillow and placed it next to him, propping it and laying down. I took some of his blanket and put over myself too.

Our backs were facing each other and it was silent. I shut my eyes again to fall asleep. After a bit, I felt an arm wrap around me, but I didn't mind.