Chp. 5 Always Complicated

Y/N begins to play with Cheong-san's hair, running his fingers through the soft strands. As he does so the other boy closes his eyes and relaxes against Y/N. Y/N smiles at the sight and his heart slows down a bit. The pain in his foot is gone.

He takes his other hand and uses it to play with Su-hyeok's hair. Su-hyeok looks up at Y/N and he feels his breath stop, he never noticed how handsome Su-hyeok was. The boy smiles and uses his hands to close Su-hyeoks eyes. But the other boy boy grasps his hand and begins to feel it. Y/N reddens as Su-hyeok makes circles along his palm. But he doesn't stop touching Cheong-san's hair and he twirls a strand of it in his fingers.

Then he notices the boy gazing at him. When caught Cheong-san quickly closes his eyes, his face burning. What's wrong with me? Cheong-san thinks to himself, I thought liked On-jo. But as he looks over to Y/N again his heart skips a beat. What's happening? I'm straight. Cheong-san gives a small sigh and huddles closer to Y/N.

"Cheong-san," Y/N starts softly, at the sound of his name in Y/N's mouth Cheong-san blushes.

"Yeah?"

"You should probably go get Gyeong-su, it's been thirty minutes."

"Oh, yeah," Cheong-san gets up hesitantly, immediately feeling empty from not being near Y/N.

He leaves and Su-hyeok uses his absence to then grab both of Y/N's hands. He brings them to his face and lets Y/N trace over it, both their faces burning red. Y/N's fingers run along Su-hyeok's jawline, his cheekbones, eye sockets, until they reach the softness of his lips. The second Y/N's fingers make contact Su-hyeok lets out a small gasp.

Nervous, Y/N lets his hands drop and at that moment Cheong-san comes back. He looks disappointed and anxious. "What happened?" Y/N asks, gently starting to get up.

"He doesn't want to come out," Cheong-san frowns, "Gyeong-su's so stubborn."

"Maybe yo-"

"Na-yeon," Sun-hwa's firm voice interrupts Y/N, "You should apologize to Gyeong-su."

Na-yeon squirms slightly at having everyone's eyes on her, but eventually caves, "Fine."

She looks down at something in her pocket, Y/N becomes curious to what it is. "I'll join her," he says walking over to the pink-sweatered girl, "I'll make sure she actually apologizes."

Na-yeon shoots daggers at Y/N but he doesn't really care. He spots Nam-ra look suspiciously to the other girl as well and his curiosity grows. I wonder what's inside Na-yeon's pocket.

The boy and the girl enter the broadcasting room and Gyeong-su swirls his chair to face them. "I'm not coming out," he states simply.

"Gyeong-su," Na-yeon starts, taking a handkerchief from her pocket, "I just came to apologize."

Gyeong-su doesn't move and gives her a wary look, "I don't really care."

Na-yeon nears the boy, "I just want to say I'm sorry," she assures, then she moves the handkerchief closer to Gyeong-su's scratch. But suddenly her arm is pulled back by Y/N.

He yanks the handkerchief away from her and lets it open fully. There's an obvious mark of blood on it, he looks down at her suspiciously, "Who's blood is this?"

Na-yeon pales, "It-It's mine."

Y/N raises one eyebrow, "Really?"

The pink-sweatered girl nods slowly, but her face looks so obviously guilty Y/N could smack it. "Gyeong-su..." he turns to the other boy, "Follow me out." Y/N drags Na-yeon out of the room as Gyeong-su follows. He then pulls her in front of everyone and holds out the bloody handkerchief, "Na-yeon tried to rub this on Gyeong-su's wound," he announces, "Can anyone think of why?"

The room is silent as the students observe the handkerchief curiously. Then Nam-ra finally stands up, "I know," she glares at Na-yeon, "She was trying to kill Gyeong-su." A few gasps are heard. "She rubbed that handkerchief with the blood left over on the broom," Nam-ra explains, gesturing to the bloodied end of the broom, "That blood there is zombie blood and she was trying to turn Gyeong-su into one."

Everyone's eyes land on Na-yeon who turns a furious red, "You stupid bitch! What do you know?!"

Nam-ra promptly walks up to her and smacks her on the face, "How dare you try to kill someone for your own benefit!"

Gyeong-su glares at the pink-sweatered girl, "Was I so bad that you wanted to murder me?!"

The atmosphere becomes hostile and Na-yeon shouts some more. "You don't understand! He was infected!," she turns side to side frantically, "He was going to kill us all!"

"I'd never hurt my friends!"

"You're a murderer," mutters Ji-min.

Na-yeon breaks down crying, "I'm not, I wasn't going to kill him, I swear!"

"What if she tries to kill us?" whispers Hyo-ryung.

Soon the room completely turns on Na-yeon and she eventually leaves, Su-hwa becomes upset and lectures them before following the girl out. They all mourn the loss of their favorite teacher but eventually things calm down and Su-hyeok asks if anyone needs to use the restroom.

"Seriously?" Y/N teases, smirking. Su-hyeok blushes under the student's disapproving gazes but then Hyo-ryung also agrees with what Su-hyeok said, and the rest all admit they need to use the restroom.

Y/N thinks for a moment and then remembers something that his father taught him. "Hey," he begins, then throwing his sister a glance, "Remember what Dad told us?"

On-jo's face brightens with the memory, "That's right!" The two siblings explain what to do and together they all create a restroom. After they all do their business, Y/N makes sure that Dae-su goes last, they relax once again. This time Cheong-san chooses to sit by On-jo and Y/N can't help the incredible jealousy he feels.

Why can't I just get over him?

Y/N groans softly to himself and rests his head against the wall, closing his eyes. It pains him terribly that Cheong-san likes his sister. He wants to be happy for her and him, but he just can't.

Little did he know that with the zombie apocalypse also came with the arrival of new feelings for Cheong-san. In fact, the only reason he sat by On-jo was to try and get himself back to liking her again, but even as he talked to her and admired her pretty face, all he could think about was Y/N.

Taking advantage of Y/N's aloneness Su-hyeok quickly joins his side, "Hey," he says, sitting down. "Everything's...sorta insane now, isn't it?"

Y/N nods and smiles sadly, "It really is," he glances at Su-hyeok, "Maybe it's a little more than that though."

Su-hyoek looks down and tries to unnoticeably scooch closer to the shorter boy. "Do you...think that they'll come for us?"

Y/N doesn't need to ask who 'they' is, "Maybe," his eyes find Su-hyeok's, "I hope so, at least."

Su-hyeok smiles but his eyes speak of sorrow, he grabs onto Y/N's hands and squeezes them tightly, "We'll find a way out of here." None of them really believe it, but they pretend to anyway. "Y/N I..." Su-hyeok starts, but he loses the nerve to confess, "Want you to, uh, sleep on my lap this time," he finishes. Not what he originally wanted to say but it's still something he wants.

Y/N's faces become dusted in red, "O-okay." He shakily rests his head on the taller boy's lap and immediately Su-hyeok closes Y/N's eyelids. Then Su-hyeok begins tracing the line of his jaw. Y/N stiffens at the contact but then relaxes once again. Su-hyeok runs his fingers back and forth but then lowers them to the neck and makes circles. The feeling of Su-hyeok's cold fingers on Y/N heated skin relaxes the both of them.

The taller boy then traces Y/N's collarbone before moving up to the face. He puts his fingers along the boy's cheekbones but then finally moves them to Y/N's lips. Su-hyeok rubs his fingers back and forth on the bottom lip and Y/N opens his eyes again to look up at the other boy. Su-hyeok lets his fingers rest on the shorter boy's lips and holds Y/N's gaze. They both become overcome by the desire to kiss and Y/N's breath stops.