CHAPTER-45

Published on- 05/12/22

AUTHOR'S POV

1 month later...

"Mr. Vyas, I am going home early today" Abhimanyu informed his PA closing his laptop.

Mr. Vyas, his previous PA was back. He has been working in another department of the company till now.

"Sure. Have a good day, Sir" he smiled and went out closing the door.

He came down to the parking lot and sat inside his car.

His eyes fell on the ring on his ring finger and a smile spread across his lips.

He kissed the ring and started the car, pulling out from the parking lot.

After almost 45 mins drive, he reached a deserted house.

Away from the city life...

Away from the hustle bustle of the city...

He parked the car and went to the garden.

He crouched down on his knees and caressed the small mango tree.

"You are growing fast" he smiled watering it from the watering can placed beside it.

He then moved towards the backyard and switched on the fairy lights which immediately brightened the entire area.

Removing his shoes and taking a packet from the rack he moved towards the small pond.

Leaves were floating on the surface and air bubbles were popping in the water.

The small sounds fishes were making, filled the air with an exotic language of rustle, ticks, and creaks.

He folded his legs in Indian style and sat on the bank of the pond, watching the fishes swim by.

This is a quiet, relaxing, and peaceful place to be, where no one can bother him.

He smiled at the fishes which were coming near him as if greeting him.

He opened the packet and sprinkled their food in the pond.

"Seems you all were really hungry" he chuckled as they immediately surrounded the food.

After nearly half an hour he stood up with a content smile and slowly opened the back door.

A very intoxicating smell of lavender perfume hit his nostrils like bliss.

"You are again late?" he heard a sweet voice and turned around.

There she stood, folding her hands around her chest and a serious pout.

"I was outside" he smiled going to hug her.

But she moved inside their room before he could touch her.

He sighed going behind her.

"Work is taking a toll on me" he shared his misery with her as soon as he entered inside their bedroom.

The entire bedroom was decorated with their photos.

"Thank God Mr. Vyas and Veer are with me. Otherwise, I don't know how I would've handled everything" he slumped on the bed.

"Baby boy, you are cute" she giggled placing a table on the bed and a cake on it.

"Stop smiling, Ita" he glared looking at her, and took the knife from the bedside table.

"Happy birthday, husband" she clapped her hands as he blew out the candles.

"Thank you, My Amore" he smiled kissing her forehead.