CHAPTER-22

Published on- 20/08/22

Vote target-100

AUTHOR'S POV

Sangeet and Haldi were also a close affair with family and close friends.

All were living in the Verma Mansion for the time being.

It was 10 pm in the night and everyone was already retarded to their rooms.

Advaita could not get an ounce of sleep because of the wedding which was tomorrow.

Everything was perfect just like the way she wanted except for the man who was doing it.

You know that feeling when you know that the other person loves you, cares for you, worries for you but still, you can't feel that affection you want?

Yeah, that's exactly how she was feeling now.

She caressed his name on her henna with a smile.

"Why are you so stubborn?" she pouted caressing the name as if he was himself present there.

"Forgive me na" she choked on her tears still caressing his name.

After some time, she sighed and wiped her tears.

She decided to take a walk near the swimming pool hoping to get some sleep before her big day.

The breeze was cold but soothing.

She rubbed her palms together, coming out into the backyard.

She saw someone already sitting there with his legs dipped in the water and hands resting on the cold tiles.

He was looking at the moon. Silently.

He looked so calm. But lost.

She debated internally whether to go back or go to him.

She decided on the latter.

She silently tip-toed and sat beside him, in the same manner, he was sitting.

He didn't look at her, instead continued looking at the moon but she knew that he already felt her presence.

"Can't sleep?" he finally looked at her.

She shook her head.

He nodded and again continued looking at the moon.

She accompanied him in the same for the next few minutes.

"Why are you marrying me if you are still angry?" she finally asked breaking the silence.

For a few seconds he didn't reply.

"I am not angry" he let out a dry chuckle.

"I am helpless" he sighed.

"Helpless in your love. I know I am doing wrong by forcing you into this marriage but I don't want to take another chance and let you go. I know you are hating me. I know I am behaving like an obsessed bastard. But I can't help, being the bad person is ok with me than letting you go because I can endorse your hate but not your absence" he whispered still not looking at her but she could easily predict that his voice was breaking.

"I don't hate you" she shook her head vigorously as her eyes started watering.

"You said the exact opposite that day" he chuckled humourlessly retreating his legs from the water and getting up.

"I am sorry. I am sorry. I was angry. I am sorry I doubted you" she cried and hugged his back before he could get up.

He sighed and faced her.