CHAPTER -30

Published on- 21/09/22

Vote target - 130

AUTHOR'S POV

1 more year later...

"Come on, you're already 15 mins late" her friend, Aastha shouted at her over the phone

"About 10 mins" Yami started to respond just as she noticed someone else entered the auto she had managed to convoke. She took off after it.

"Hey, hey! It was my auto, sir. I made the initial call"

And like every time...

Nobody gave her any attention.

The man boarded the vehicle and the driver took off.

Yami started muttering colourful words about the rude and mannerless people around her. She was losing her patience with the current state of the world.

"How long again?" Aastha questioned.

"30 mins" she replied sheepishly.

"You know what don't come! You'll miss half of the movie so no use in coming!" Aastha shouted resulting in Yami shifting the phone away from her ear.

"Hey it's not half, it's 1/3rd of the movie and..." Yami stopped looking at the blank phone.

"Hello? Aastha? Aasthu?"

And here it goes again!

One more result of her carelessness and clumsy af nature.

Well, not the first time Aastha has hung up on her.

She felt bad for disappointing her high school best friend again.

Well, Aastha had a valid reason to be furious this time. She wanted Yami to meet her boyfriend but Yami's extra minutes of the afternoon nap was enough to spill water on their plan.

It's been around 1 month since Aastha and Laksh are dating and today, she wanted to introduce her boyfriend and best friend but BOOM!

She slumped onto the nearby bench and cursed herself again.

Suddenly her heart danced seeing a taxi passing by.

But do you think life is this easy?

Her eyes fell on the taxi only to realize that it was already occupied.

"God, you love me a little too much. Don't you?" she looked at the sky and rolled her eyes with a sarcastic smile.

Then again, her eyes fell on something,

A watch store!

"Let's execute plan B, Yamu" she smirked standing up from the bench.

...