19. 'I love you'

"Fall in love with someone who wants you, who wait for you, who understands you even in the madness, someone who helps you and guides you, someone who is your support, your hope, fall in love with someone who talks with you after a fight"

---

Jane walked into her bedroom when she spotted a note laying on her bed.

She picked it up to see what it was saying.

'COME TO THE ROOF. THERE IS SOMETHING I WANT TO SHOW YOU. ITS IMPORTANT'

F'

"It better be important" she said before she turned around.

Flashback start...

Jane and Five was on a mission together, but because Jane and Five didn't listen to each other or communicated. The mission went wrong and Five got hurt, so the two was now in an empty boat house, hiding out.

"Okay, where does it hurt?" Jane asked "Here" Five said as he pointed on his left knee where the splinter was.

"Alright. Off with your pants" she said and he looked up at her before he furrowed his eyebrows "No" he said "How else shall I look at it?" she asked "I will be fine" he said "Also when the infection goes in the wound and you can no longer walk and you then have to cut your leg off" she said "So you do care?" he asked "Yes. I care about myself. I don't want to carry your ass back" she said "Is your fault" he said "No is not. I told you that I don't take orders from you and I told you that it was best to go left. But you went right and now is your fault that we are hiding here and we lost the briefcase" she said and he let out a scoffs before he pulled up a small remote and press the button but nothing happen.

"There's no signal" he said and Jane let out a scoffs "And that is of course also my fault. Because I didn't bring a huge antenna with me" he said sarcastic "It is" she said and he rolled his eyes. "You are a careless, annoying, bitch" he said "And you are an asshole and a idiot" she said "As soon as we are back, I will ask The Commission to get me a new partner" he said "Yeah, and I will ask them to not get a new partner and just so solo as I have always done" she said "Fine" he said "Fine" she said before they both let out a scoff turning their backs to each other.

There were a few minutes of silence with their arms on cross in front of their chests while their backs was facing each other.

Five let out a sight before he pulled the splinter out. He let out a small yell in pain as he pulled it out cause Jane to let out a laugh "I'm glad my pain amuses you" he said "You have no idea" she said as she turned around.

He then took a deep breath "This isn't going to work, if we are going to be partners, we need to work together and to do that we need to listen and trust each other, so we can communicate better" he said "Okay. So, what do you suggest?" she asked "We need to communicate better, otherwise, we will just end in the same situation again. But for that to not happen, we need to listen to each other" he said "Okay I will listen to you. So, we can be better partners and completed our missions" she said "Good" he said "But on one condition. You are not allowed to fall in love with me" she said and he let out a small chuckled "Wouldn't be a problem. But you are not allowed to fall in love with me either" he said and she let out a chuckled "Not a problem for me either. I rather set myself on fire" she said "I rather to back and be alone in the apocalypse. Cause you are not my type" he said "You are not my type either" she said "If you were my girlfriend, I would put poison in your coffee" he said "And if you were my boyfriend, I would drink it. Us two are never going to happen" she said "Glad we finally agreed on something" he said.