6. 'Means everything to me'

"When you finally find the love of your life, you will know why it was worth the wait"

---

"You want me to protect Five and Jane?" Lila asked as her and The Handler was eating pancakes.

"It's not that complicated, honey" The Handler said "If anyone deserves to die, it's Five" Lila said "That's true, but--" "The most wanted man in the Commission. Jane is the most wanted woman in the Commission" Lila said, cutting The Handler off.

"Yes" The Handler said "Now you want me to protect them" Lila said "That's correct" The Handler said "I get why you want to me protect Jane and I will. But I don't get why you want me to protect Five. After everything he's done to you? He's the reason you got demoted. He is the reason Jane left The Commission" Lila said "Be that as it may...he's worth more to me alive, they both are" The Handler said before she poured herself some wine in her glass.

"If you want to kill somebody why don't you kill Diego?" she asked and Lila shook her head "No" she said "You sure? I think it'll make you feel better" The Handler said "Nah" Lila said before taking a bite of her pancake.

"Suit yourself. Pass me more syrup, will you?" The Handler asked and Lila grabbed the syrup before she poured some syrup on The Handler's pancakes "Mm, I ran into some trouble at the asylum, during the escape" Lila said as The Handler poured some more syrup on her pancakes "These three blond guys. Total cowboys" Lila said and The Handler froze for a second before looking at Lila "They're here already?" she asked "Wait, you know those freaks?" Lila asked "Commission muscle. Triplets. Like Huey, Dewey, and Louie, only a little more meshugahs" The Handler said "You sent them?" Lila asked.

"Of course I did" The Handler answered "Why? They nearly killed me" Lila said "Well, they have to make it look good. Right? Otherwise, people might suspect that we're working together" The Handler said "So they know I'm on the job?" Lila asked "It's all a performance. Look, if they wanted you dead, you would've been long gone by now, little one" The Handler said "You need to stop calling me that" Lila said "Aww" The Handler said before getting up "Listen to me" she said as she walked over to Lila "No one is trying to kill you" she said as she stroke Lila down the cheek "We're all working towards the same goal" she said "Which is?" Lila asked "Well, that's the thing about the Commission, isn't it? Some things just don't make sense... until they do" The Handler said before she brushed Lila's bangs "I like the fringe" she said before she patted Lila on the head.

"Protect Number Five at all costs. We need him alive" she said "Why?" Lila asked "Jane would never admit it, but there is one person. One guy with who she shared a real bond with" The Handler said "Five" Lila said "Yes, which is why we need Five alive" The Handler said "Why not kill Five, Jane breaks down, sink in the darkness once again, she realizes that she belong with The Commission, and then join us again. Bomb, problem solved" Lila said "No, Five don't need to die, he need to break her heart" The Handler said and Lila raised a brow