12. The mission

"You can't kill fear, but you can overcome it"

---

The partners in crime had travel to 1982 to carry out their mission.

Jane was walking next to Five as he was looking down on the paper that The Handler has giving him like he think that staring at the address was going to change anything.

"This is the right place" Jane told him and he glanced up before putting the paper back in his pocket.

The sound of people chattering was heard as the two walked past a line of parked cars and a man in a the driver seat of one of the cars, opened the door causing Five to move a bit so he didn't get hit.

Five and Jane entered the building before looking around while Five fixed his blazer.

"This is a stupid deal. She is playing with you" Jane said "What if she's not" he said and she let out a sigh before looking down "I don't like this. There is something else in this" she said "Don't worry I will be here if you go overboard" he said and he was about to take her hand "I can handle it by myself" she said, pushing the hand away.

"Let's just get this over with. So you can get the damn briefcase" she said "Just enjoy it, this will be our last mission as partners in crime" he said "I will enjoy it" she said "Just not too much you know what happens when--" "I know what happens" she said, cutting him off "But I got through a year without the killer in me awakening and a year without you by my side. So I think I can handle this" she said "Jane, I'm sor--" "Just cut the crap and let's get this over with" Jane said and Five let out a sigh before the two turned left.

The two stopped next to a blonde woman that was standing by a table, writing something down on a black board in white letters.

"Excuse me" Five and Jane said causing the woman to jumped back slightly "Uff da" the woman said, looking at the two "You two snuck up on me there. If you're looking for the cookies we don't put 'em out till 3:00" she said "We can hardly wait" Jane said in a sarcastic tone.

"Uh, do you happen to know where the Midwest Soybean Society is meeting?" Five asked as he looked around the room while messing with his hands "Sure do. Muskellunge Banquest Room" the woman said as she pointed to a door that lead to a hallway making Jane and Five to look in that direction "You two looking for your mom? She's in for the convention?" the woman asked the two.

While still looking at a vending machine that was standing in the hallway, Five reach his hand into his pocket "Hey, could I get some change?" he asked as he pulled out some money from his blazer pocket before he handed them to the woman.

"Oh, sure, I'll just look in my purse" the woman said as she took the money before she unzipped her fanny pack that was wrapped around her waist.

She put the money in it before she started riffling through the coins while counting them.