Chapter 23

It had been one month ever since Ryder gave Chase and Skye the 'okay' sign for them to start officially dating. The two pups enjoyed each other's company, as if it wasn't obvious enough. The only downside of being in a relationship was putting their love for each other aside when going on missions. Arguments were no more. Their hostility had vanished and shaped up into a form of never-ending love. The other pups were glad to be relieved from the two pups' quarrels and were all down for the new beginning for their friends.

Now, Chase wanted to do something special for Skye for being together for one month. He would take her out on a special date, but it wouldn't do. He knew he had to do something really special to show her how much she meant to him. The German Shepherd was walking down the street and noticed a poster on the side of a building. Adventure Bay was hosting a singing competition in town and the winner would win a trophy. The poster sparked an idea in Chase and ran to Mayor Goodway to participate.

That night, residents of Adventure Bay, including Ryder and the rest of the pups, headed for town square and stood outside near the front of the stage, waiting for the show to begin. Ryder and the pups were in the middle of the crowd. Behind the stage's curtains, were the contestants getting ready with their gear to perform their songs. Mayor Goodway peeked out of the curtains to see if everyone had made it.

"Ooh, I can't wait to get started!" The mayor said with glee as she walked toward the contestants.

"Neither can we." Chase responded.

Chase was standing near Douglas, Dick, and Derek with their gear. They had ditched Danny as the lead singer and gave the role to Chase just for tonight. There were also some other contestants that made it in.

"We all set?" The German Shepherd asked.

"Yep." The three band members answered.

Chase trotted toward the curtain and peeked out of it to see Skye sitting in the middle of the crowd and started to get nervous.

"Hopefully we don't mess up tonight." He said to himself.

After a few moments of waiting, Mayor Goodway came out behind the curtains.

"Welcome, everyone to Adventure Bay's own singing competition!" She started, "we have some guests here that will put on a show with a song for all of you to enjoy!"

The audience began to clap and cheer.

"Now, without further ado, let's get on with the show!" Mayor Goodway finished as she walked backwards and out of sight as the curtains began to unfold and out walked Cap'n Turbot with his cousin Francois.

Francois was holding an acoustic guitar and Cap'n Turbot was with a microphone on a microphone stand. After a few minutes of contestants singing their songs, Chase and the bandmates were getting nervous as their time grew closer. Finally, it was their turn to go on stage and do their song. The German Shepherd and the three band members walked out in front of the crowd and waved to the crowd before putting their gear on. Chase then walked up to the microphone.

"This is a song that I dedicate to Skye." he said.

Skye grinned at the call of her name. The song started with a few taps of a cymbal and two chords of an electric guitar.

I found the cure to growing older
And you're the only place that feels like home
Just so you know, you'll never know
And some secrets weren't meant to be told
I found the cure to growing older

Skye was starting to feel the elation running through her veins as the song started to get fast-paced and energetic as Chase and the other band members started to jump and dance to the music.