Chapter 1

It was a sunny day in Adventure Bay and the PAW Patrol were playing catch. That was until Marshall lost the ball.

"Again Marshall? That's the third time this week!" Rocky said.

"Sorry." Marshall apologized.

"It wasn't your fault Marshall, Chase was being a dope and didn't look where the ball was going!" Skye told him.

"Oh don't you start that with me, you know I had no part of where it was going!" Chase argued.

"Pfft. Yeah, right."

"And here we go again." Rocky muttered to himself. The arguments between Chase and Skye were unending. Once they start, there's no going back. Fights eventually broke out between the two pups, and one of them led to Chase getting a black eye. Only Ryder can break the two up. A few minutes passed, and still they continued to argue and fight. Ryder was slowly getting fed up with the nonsense.

"Like, you can't hit a ball straight!" Skye argued

"Like you could do better!"

"Can you both just kiss and make up?" Marshall asked eagerly, wanting to get back to the game.

"NO!" They both shouted and went back to their argument. Little did they know that Ryder was watching them from the balcony of the top deck of the lookout. He could hear Chase and Skye arguing from below.

'Why can't they just get along?' Ryder thought before walking down to them.

"You know, you're just stupid, you know that?" Chase asked.

"Oh I'm stupid? I didn't lose the ball, jackass!" Skye remarked. Cursing wasn't expected from any of the pups, especially Chase and Skye.

"God you have the most ugliest face."

"Oh sorry, I didn't know I was a mirror."

"Why, you little b-"

"ENOUGH!" Ryder yelled, getting all of the pups' attention. "Chase. Skye. Lookout. Now." he said in a stern tone, pointing at the lookout's direction. Chase and Skye did so and and moved towards the lookout. When they got there, Ryder signaled Chase to go inside and Skye outside whenever she was called inside. Inside the lookout, Ryder wanted to hear Chase's side first and then Skye's side. Ryder then spoke up.

"Would you mind to tell me how one little game of catch turned into an argument between you and Skye?" He asked.

"Well you see, Ryder, sir, were playing catch and I tossed the ball to Marshall, who seemed to have lost it again." Chase told his owner.

"Again?" Ryder asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes sir. And then when he lost it, Skye started blaming me for losing it instead of Marshall. That's how it started."

"So it was Skye who started it this time?"

"Yes sir. I saw it with my own eyes."

"Okay then, I'll go get Skye and then we'll sort something out." Ryder said before heading out to fetch Skye.

"Okay, Ryder." Chase said. 'Please don't bring that ugly little cockapoo into my line of sight.'

Ryder then brought Skye over and made her sit right next to Chase. He sighed before speaking.

"Why can't you both get along? It's not that hard to do." Ryder asked.

"I don't know, it kind of is. I just can't stand Chase." Skye answered.

"Well I can't stand you either!" Chase told her.

"Oh you wanna go?"

"Yes, I wanna go!"

"Pups, if any of you lay a paw on each other, you will be suspended for three months." Ryder told them. Chase and Skye just avoided eye contact with each other. The same thought was going through their heads;

'You're lucky Ryder's here. I'd throw you out the window.'

"Now Skye, apologize to your teammate."

"Why me?"

"You started the argument."

"No, I didn't."

"Uh, yeah, you did." Chase said. Skye would argue back but didn't want to make a fool out of herself. So she went ahead and gave in.

"I'm sorry, Chase. For, you know, blaming you instead of Marshall. Can you forgive me?" She apologized in a smart and calm manner.

Chase knew he wasn't going anywhere if he didn't say anything.

"Sure, Skye, I forgive you." he replied as he pulled her into a hug full of dread. He'd honestly dig his claws into her fur but chose not to because of, you know why. After they left the lookout, Skye got into his face.

"You don't know how lucky you are." Skye stated.

"Hey look, I had to spill something out or else I wouldn't be here right now." Chase replied defensively.

"Oh you think this is over? Just wait until tomorrow."

"Oh I'll be there faster than you could fly your supersonic jets."

"We'll see about that." Skye replied before she and Chase went their different ways. Unfortunately, Ryder heard all of this. He couldn't let his pups be like this forever, so he set up a plan. A plan that only he and the other pups knew about. Little did they know that the stunt that they were about to pull off was gonna change the lives of the two pups forever.

                                                              The Next Day

"PAW Patrol to the lookout!" Ryder called through his pup-pad.

"Ryder needs us!" The pups said in unison. And once again, Marshall tripped over a chew toy and wiped out the other pups.

"Sorry guys-" Marshall started but was cut off by Skye.

"Wow Chase, just wow." Skye said unamused.

"I know damn well you did NOT just blame me for Marshall's wipeout!" Chase defended himself.

"Well, it was YOUR toy that he tripped over." She pointed out.

"Says the one who's about to get one across their lips." Before any of them could start a fight, the elevator started to go up to the top deck of the lookout. When they got to the top, they all got into their positions and Chase said his iconic line.

"PAW Patrol ready for action, Ryder Sir!"

"'PAW Patrol ready for action, Ryder sir!'" Skye mimicked in a high pitched tone.

"Thanks for hurrying pups, but there's no emergency today."

"Then why did you call us here Ryder?" Skye asked curiously.

"I called all of you in because," he replied before pressing a button on his pup-pad that shown two black pup figures with question marks on them "Two of you have been picked to go on a one week vacation to the camping grounds." He finished before pulling out a box with the pup's name in it.

"Whoohoo!"

 "Yeah!"

"Alright!"

"Yeah, that's...that's cool." Chase said, dreading the thought of being stuck with Skye for a whole week. Skye was dreading the same thing.

'If I'm going with Chase on this vacation, I'm making my own noose.' Skye thought with dread. Ryder then pulled out two names.

"Who's it gonna be Ryder?" Marshall asked eagerly.

"It's..."

'Please not me and Skye, please not me and Skye.' Chase begged in his mind while biting his lip in the process.

"it's..."

"Who is it?!"

"Chase and Skye!"