Chapter 8

Skye woke up the next morning groggily. She yawned and stretched with her behind in the air. She then looked to her right to find that Chase wasn't there. Skye was puzzled.

"Did I oversleep?" She asked herself. She then looked at the tent entrance. She managed to see that it was still daytime. She then walked out of the tent and looked around.

"Did he seriously leave me out here?" She asked, still looking at the empty space in front of her. She stood there looking for him for a few seconds until she went back in the tent. In the tent, she found a note that she missed where Chase was sleeping. She then read the note.

Went to fetch some sticks for the campfire. We're having marshmallows tonight. Be back soon.

    - Chase

Skye was in disbelief. 'Marshmallows? Since when did chubby cheeks have marshmallows?!' Skye thought.

To keep her mind off of the absence of her secret crush, she looked around in the tent for something that was worth using. She then spotted Chase's mp3 player. She looked at the tent entrance and then back at the mp3 player. She then got curious.

"I think Chase wouldn't mind if I used his mp3 player for a bit, would he?" She asked with a smirk while grabbing the mp3 player. But her smirk faded when she realized that she needed earbuds to listen to it.

"Where does this cutie put his earbuds?" She asked out loud. She then found Chase's bag. She searched through it until she found them.

"I'm a genius." She then sat down and plugged the earbuds in and chose a random song.

Hangin' out on Second Avenue
Eating chicken vindaloo
I just want to be with you
I just want to have something to do

Tonight, tonight, tonight
Tonight, tonight
Well allright
Tonight, tonight, tonight

Skye was blown away at what she was hearing. What she expected was totally the opposite.

Wait-now
Wait-now

Hanging out all by myself
I don't want to be with anybody else
I just want to be with you
I just want to have something to do

Skye never thought that Chase would listen to something that she liked. She slowly started to sing along.

Tonight, tonight, tonight
Tonight, tonight
Well allright
Tonight, tonight, tonight

Wait-now
Wait-now

Wait-now
Wait-now

Hanging out all by myself
I don't want to be with anybody else
I just want to be with you
I just want to have something to do

Tonight, tonight, tonight
Tonight, tonight
Well allright
Tonight, tonight, tonight

As the song ended, Skye was more than happy to hear the next song.

'Damn. Who knew this handsome moron had some good taste in music?' Skye thought.

Skye was honestly in shock that she hasn't heard this band before and was wanting to hear more from it. She then waited for the next song to play. She never thought that she would have another favorite song.

If all my enemies
Threw a party, would you light the candles?
Would you drink the wine while watchin' television?
Watch the animals and all the tragedies
And sell your arteries to buy my casket gown