Chapter 11

Chase was still in a depressing mood while on the way towards the campsite. Lexi's words echoed through his head.

'Does she really mean it?' He pondered to himself. 'Wanting to be friends again with me Sounds untrustworthy but still, does she really mean it?'

Skye noticed Chase's behavior but couldn't help but feel the same way right after what Lexi said right before she went her own way. She decided to ask him again about what happened.

"Chase, are you okay?" She asked the troubled German Shepherd. Chase then let out a depressing sigh.

"I don't know, honestly." He spoke up in a depressing tone. "I'd never thought I would hear those words come out of Lexi's mouth, even after what she'd done."

Skye gave the German Shepherd a sympathetic look. "Hey. Don't worry about it." She said in a soothing tone.

"How can I not worry about it?" He asked in disbelief, stopping in his tracks. "She cheated on me, Skye. And ever since she did it, I swore to never fall in love again." He said in a more calming tone. Skye on gasped quietly and took what he said personally.

"Y-you swore?" The cockapoo asked with a heartbreaking look on her face, hoping what he said wasn't true.

"Yeah." He replied sheepishly, avoiding eye contact. "But I'm hoping to break that promise. Matter of fact, I already did." He said with a wistful smile.

This made Skye gasp excitedly. "You did?" She asked eagerly, hoping that Chase felt the same way about her.

"Pfft. No!" He answered playfully as he started to walk again. Skye followed behind and shook her head knowing Chase was hiding something. As the two pups reached the campsite, Chase was in his depressed mood again. Skye noticed this and wanted Chase to smile again.

"Okay. How about we play a game?" She spoke up. This made Chase raise an eyebrow.

"A game?" The German Shepherd questioned.

"Yeah. A game. You know, a game to pass the time." She replied.

"And what game could we honestly play in a place like this?" He asked in a depressed manner.

"Well, there's Tag, Hide and Seek, Tic Tac Toe,-" The cockapoo mentioned but was cut off by Chase.

"Can we play something that's exciting?" Chase asked specifically.

"Oh, sure, um..." Skye thought of a game that would not only keep Chase interested but also herself interested. She was about to give up until it finally came to her.

"I've got it." She gasped.

"Alright. What is it?" He asked.

"'Truth or Dare'" She finally answered. Chase felt a wave of panic hit him as Skye answered his question. Truth or Dare was a risky game to play due to the factors of what could possibly happen. Such as spilling a deep secret or doing something illegal. And he surely didn't want Skye to find out that he was crushing on her. Skye then noticed that Chase wasn't moving an inch of where he was. Skye was getting worried.

"Are you okay?" She asked him. Chase finally broke out of his daze and snapped back into reality.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm fine."

"is that a yes or...?"

"Yeah. Sure. We can play 'Truth or Dare', just as long as you don't go past any boundaries." He said with a fake smile, knowing what he said was bound to happen.

"Uh-huh. Sure." She said sarcastically. as she and the nervous German Shepherd sat down by the tent, sitting across from each other. Skye was the first to start the game.