Chapter 5

Skye walked out of the tent feeling satisfied. So satisfied that she decided to go on a walk and daydream. After all of the doubt that was erased from her head, she couldn't help but feel happy. 

'He said I was far from ugly! He said I was far from ugly! Oh how great it feels to not be ugly! Yes!' She thought with glee.

'I think he likes me. Not to mention that I also like him. I like his handsome face, his fur pattern, his eyes, his- Oh God not this again.' She thought. Then she realized something.

'Wait. He told me that I was far from ugly but didn't tell me how far. Maybe he meant that I wasn't good enough for him.' She thought, getting angry. She then turned around and headed back to camp to confront Chase. But just as she took a few steps, she heard a sound. More like a voice.

"Daring Danny rides again!" Came a voice from afar.

'Oh dear God, not this idiot again.' She thought in wretchedness.

Just then, Danny showed up out of the woods with an angry expression on his face.

"Why do I keep saying that? It's 'Daring Danny rebels again!', rebels again, not 'rides again'!" He said in frustration.

"Um Danny?" Skye asks, trying to get Danny's attention. Danny then looked at her, in which he blushed at the sight of her.

"Oh h-hey Skye." He stuttered. "Didn't expect to see you here."

"And neither did I." Skye muttered.

"Huh?"

"Nothing!"

Then an awkward silence rolled in.

"So Danny, why are you here?" The cockapoo asked.

"Good question! I stopped pursuing my dreams as a daredevil for a new band I made and I'm looking for a place to play!" He answered, trying to hold in his excitement.

"Ok-"

"And that's Daring Danny X!" He finished. Skye was shocked but also wasn't shocked that the ex-daredevil started a new band.

"Danny?" Skye asks.

"Yes, Skye?"

"If you're in a band, where's your band members? You can't play in a band by yourself."

"Oh they're right here, cone on out fellas!" He gestured for the rest of his band to come out of the woods. Out of the woods came three boys. All three boys looked very punkish, as if they were in separate bands. The first boy had the normal punk rock look, messy black hair, black clothes, and a bit of tattoos on his arms that were drawn by a black ink pen. the second boy, however, had his hair combed down to where it was covering his right eye. He was wearing the same black clothes as the first one and had no tattoos. And the third one also had the normal punk rock look. Messy hairstyle, black shirt with a red tie with black skinny jeans, and had no tattoos. Skye was in shock to see such people.

"Let me introduce them to you. This one here is Douglas, the guitarist." He said pointing to the first boy.

"Sup." Douglas greeted.

"This one here is Dick, the bass player." He said pointing to the second boy.

"Hey." Dick greeted.

"And this one here in Derek, the drummer."

"Yo." Derek greeted.

"So what do you think? Think I'm gonna make it?" Danny asked the cockapoo.

Skye just gave him a sarcastic look and said.