1 •Have Some Fear

Rena

By the way guys, I swear it gets way better by the fifth chapter.

She didn't have any money.

A woman squinted her eyes at the pennies and dimes littered across a large, dark coffee table and let out a huge sigh.

"That's about 72 dollars in total.." She murmured, her voice tired yet smooth. Her hands pressed into her face.

But who the hell is going to accept change?

"This is quite the entertainment." A dark skinned woman chuckled. The woman at the table glared out of the corner of her eye at the chuckling woman and exclaimed with frustration.
"This is hopeless! At this rate, I might as well start dumpster diving for shit."

A noise of disgust came after the woman's comment and the sitting woman turned to her friend with pouted lips.

"Ew. What on Earth could you find in garbage bags, Rena." The woman crossed her fingers together as she straightened her posture. "You're a bit filthy, hm."

Rena hopped out of her seat with a grin and patted her friends shoulder. "There's a lot of stuff you can find in there nowadays."

"Such as?"

"A barely touched hoverboard." She challenged.

"Or a Let it Shine shirt with shit stains on the bottom."

Rena glanced down at her Let it Shine shirt and indeed found shit stains on it...

Well, not exactly shit stains.

More like chocolate...

"I got this from my cousin for your information and I meant things like that cake that you were so gladly going ham on." She scoffed as she crossed her arms.

She almost burst out laughing when she saw the woman's eyes bulge out of her skull as she stared down at her licked clean plate of chocolate cake.

"You.." Her voice wavered slightly.

Rena bit her lip as she stared at her friends face. Her glossed lips were trembling, pulled in a grimace as her eyes were wide with horror. Straight strands of her hair brushed past her arched eyebrows.

"Stop acting extra, Roy. I wouldn't actually serve you came from the trash."

Lies.

Roy took in a breath and swiveled out of her seat, her face glowering with the word embarrassment.

"Fuck you." She hissed and stomped down the living rooms hallway. She stood right at the front door and whirled around with a lingering look before flipping Rena off and slamming her door closed.

She snickered and locked the door behind her with a lazy grin.

Maybe I should actually go look for some cake and give it to her?

She nodded excessively as she bounded over to her flip flops with a giddy expression.

Out of nowhere, the sky darkened and her entire living room looked like the shadow realm for a moment before her windows shattered with a thundering crash.