A Day In The Garden

(We left off the last chapter heading towards a garden with Cornelia and Euphemia.)

After a few minutes of walking, the three Royals enter a prestigious garden. However, it's no ordinary garden

Moore: "It's like exactly like Lady Marianne's garden."

Cornelia: "Why would it look like this?"

Euphemia: "You two, I heard Clovis had it ordered to look like this."

Moore: "I wonder why, he was always fighting with lelouch while he was there?"

Euphemia: "Maybe he thought of lelouxh as his rival?"

Cornelia: "Even though Clovis was older?"

Euphemia: "Well, Clovis had paintings of the others kept, we found them after he died."

Moore: "How interesting."

Moore muses to himself, wondering why Clovis would keep paintings of rivals. He was never one to keep company of enemies.

Euphemia: "Anyway, let's sit down. It's been forever since we've relaxed like this."

Moore: "Of course, you're right. Cornelia, shall we?"

Cornelia: "We shall."

The three sit down on the grass, peaceful in this moment.

Euphemia: "So Moore, where did you meet Suzaku?"

Moore: "Suzaku? Oh, the honorary. My boss saved him from a pretty deadly injury. He then hired him as the pilot of his knightmare, the Lancelot."

Euphemia: "You mean that knightmare? Wow, he must be talented."

Moore: "Yeah, except I think that he lost Zero at the battle of Shinjuku Ghetto."

Cornelia: "You think that eleven let Zero go on purpose?"

Moore: "No. He still took out the units of the other elevens. I lost him as well when an eleven covered his retreat."

Cornelia: "You must be losing your touch."

Moore: "Shut up. I haven't been piloting a knightmare for long. And that pilot was very skilled."

Cornelia: "A skilled eleven? Is there even such a thing?"

Euphemia: "Sister? Suzaku Kururugi is an eleven. Don't speak of him in that way, he is a true warrior."

Moore looks at Euphemia as she so eagerly defends him. He laughs before agreeing.

Moore: "I agree. Suzaku Kururugi appears to actually be helping Britannia."

Cornelia: "Alright, but what will you do with the pure bloods?"

Moore: "Villetta and Jeremiah I will downgrade to general staff, they'll work directly under me."

Cornelia: "Downgrade? But that's a way up."

Moore: "The pure bloods believe they should be on the battlefield. If they're on the general staff, then they'll certainly be angry."

Euphemia: "I think I understand. Like how Cornelia is angry whenever she can't fight. That's why I'm always politically active."

Moore: "Exactly."

Cornelia: "I have a question, Moore."

Moore: "Yes, what is it?"

Cornelia: "Now that we know you're alive, what will you do? Will you reassert yourself among the nobles?"

Moore: "Maybe. Now that the pure bloods know about my status, news will spread most likely. Besides, why not? I greatly enjoyed prince status. And the public won't enjoy a scientist being viceroy."

Cornelia: "That's true. I've already seen a great many rumors about who you are. This will silence those."

Euphemia: "You could also meet Schneizel again."

Moore scoffs and looks away.

Moore: "That's true. I haven't seen him in a while. Even though I helped him with his campaign, he never knew who I was."

Cornelia: "Very well. That's head to the hanger. I'll call forward and prepare a ship."

Moore: "Very well. Euphemia, let's head towards the hanger after her."

Moore puts out his hand and beckons for her.

Euphemia: "Hehe, such a gentlemen. You were as handsome, if not more than lelouch."

Moore: "But now you like that eleven, Suzaku, don't you?"

Euphemia let's out a yelp in shock and laughs.

Euphemia: "I'm that open? But you're correct, I believe I have a crush on him."

Moore: "Very well. But we should keep this from Cornelia. She won't like it. Now let's go."

Moore and Euphemia walk towards the hanger, hand in hand. Once they arrive, they notice Cornelia berating an officer for taking too long to prepare the ship. However, it seemed complete.

Cornelia: "My kin and I are attempting to leave. So, can't you just hurry up?"

Moore walks up and puts his hand on Cornelias shoulder, making her flinch.

Moore: "Sister, were able to go, aren't we? So, let's go."

Cornelia: "Alright."

The three get onto the ship, with two extreme men coming along.

Moore: "Who are you?"

Gilford: "I am Gilford, the Knight of Princess Cornelia.

Andreas: "I am Andreas Darlton, and I am her general."

Moore: "Very well. Well, hurry up. We do have someplace to be."

They get in their seats and prepare for takeoff. Once they lift off, Moore falls asleep to the sound of Euphemia's light humming.

And that's it. Next chapter, we'll rejoin the Royal family and meet everyone again.

See you later

Peace