Chapter 34 • Heart Remembers

It's been a month and yet, Yibo's situation is the same. Yeah, in a coma!

Xiao Zhan had to take over the Wangs' Company for an entire day and then after his work, He will spend the night in this hospital without leaving Yibo.

The next morning, Xiao Zhan had to come back to the mansion for him to prepare for another day.

So tiring, but Zhan doesn't mind. If the payment is to hear Yibo's voice again... He will certainly do this without hesitancy.

"Yibo?!" Xiao Zhan woke up from his sleep when he felt Yibo trembling again as Zhan held Wang Yibo's shoulder. He's having seizures again!

Xiao Zhan then immediately took the telephone from the table beside Yibo's bed and called Haikuan who hurriedly runs to this room alongside his nurses.

Xiao Zhan didn't leave Yibo's side until Haikuan finally made Wang Yibo stable.

"Kuan ge, why this is happening again?" Xiao Zhan clenched Yibo's hand tightly.

Wang Haikuan set eyes on their hand before he looks at Xiao Zhan, "Honestly, I really don't have idea. I tried all the possible ways" He then sat on Yibo's bed and examined his younger brother, "But no one worked. Every passing day... He is in a life-and-death situation"

"..." Xiao Zhan kneeled down and then took Yibo's hand and shove his forehead on it.

A silence occurred.

Haikuan watched Xiao Zhan. He can't help but feel pain in his heart. Why these two can't have eternal happiness? They truly deserve it.

"Zhan"

"ge?" Xiao Zhan's voice cracked while his face was still buried in Yibo's hand.

"I'm sorry" Haikuan sighed in dismay.

"For? It's not your fault, Kuan ge" He then lifted his head to look at Haikuan, "If there's someone who should be sorry... It is supposed to be me. I should be the one who is laying here, not him"

Wang Haikuan breathes out.

"No Zhan. Don't blame yourself for something we didn't expect to happen, It's always his choice. Remember what you asked me before?"

-
Xiao Zhan smiled back and nodded. "Ge.. you didn't answer my question yet"

"that... why my brother drinks alcohol?"

"yes, I just wonder"

Wang Haikuan sighed then look at Wang Yibo, "It is true he didn't like alcohol nor wine but every time he misses you..."

Xiao Zhan then realized it suddenly and widened his eyes. "He did that because of me?"
-

"Yes, Yibo did that because he missed you likewise to this situation... He's willing to give his own life just to make sure you're safe" Haikuan then stood up, "We must have to know as early as possible what substance she used to make my younger brother sleep longer like this or else... I can't predict what would happen next to him"

Just few thoughts... Something entered Xiao Zhan's mind. It is from Yibo,

"You want to take revenge? I'll join you. Do you want them to suffer? I'll help you but stay away from you... I can't do that. I know you still don't want to forgive me but could you let me stay by your side at least? Trust me, I will protect you with my own life. I promise"

Suddenly Xiao Zhan says with a determined voice, "Kuan ge... Do you have any sharp objects here?"

-❀-