Chapter 19 • Grim Truth

Wang Yibo eyed the Investigator even more that made the atmosphere become intenser.

The investigator with sweat running down on his forehead almost hesitated says, "erm.. the person you're searching for years.... Was always with you"

That's the moment Wang Yibo froze to his placed! His heart pumps uncontrollably that blocked his mouth for him to talk.

The private investigator then shows him the photo of Xiao Zhan that Yibo didn't expect. Maybe he expected it abit yeah but he didn't know that his what ifs will literally turned into reality.

"This is Sean Xiao. I searched him in the whole world but got nothing, so I
decided to search him here in our country.. and yes, I was right!" The investigator proudly beamed, somehow.

".....H-He's really Sean?!" Wang Yibo stuttered. It sounds more like he's asking himself, along with a sting he felt on his heart.

The traffic lights turned green and still his car is not moving. He doesn't care although the cars horning behind, some just passed him while cursing him which is he couldn't hear inside.

"Oh yes! Here are the details about him. It says here that his full name is Xiao Zhan, not a Zhao since his father and mother were not married but still the Zhao's blood circulating through his body"

"and his mother nicknamed him 'Sean' since he was a baby because his mother believed that Xiao Zhan is a gift not a made by mistake, you knew he was just an illegitimate child right, sir?"

The investigator stopped for a moment when Yibo didn't replying him anything but observing him instead!

Wang Yibo got no words.. the only sentences that popping repeatedly on his head are Xiao Zhan's sweet voice saying all the things that can prove he's Sean and how Xiao Zhan treated him with full of respect and care that Yibo knew Xiao Zhan was the person who cared him without expecting anything from him despite of how Yibo made him endured agony.

Sean Xiao... Xiao Zhan... Was the only person taught him to love, show him what is love, and mostly.. the person He loved and promised to be with eternally. How come he pushed him away? The worst.. he, himself the one who did it?

Wang Yibo clenched the steering wheel so tightly as he bumped his head on it. Realizing how dumb he was, "How about his mother?" Yibo's voice quavered.

The private investigator gulped before he responds, "Sean Xiao was only 16 that time when his mother died.."

Hearing it, A flash-like entered in Yibo's smart but yet dumb mind so suddenly.

Wang Yibo, "By yourself? Is your mother didn't help you with it?"

Xiao Zhan let a smile with a bit sadness, "My mother?... She taught me few things about cooking before she deceased. But I'm too young and freely back then so why I didn't listen much"

"Then... How did you learned by yourself?" Wang Yibo's eyes soften and his voice is low but Xiao Zhan could feel the comfort from it.

Xiao Zhan thinks for a seconds, "uhmm... I'm not really good in cooking at first but Since my mother left me I live by my own and had to take care myself alone. So after many attempts, I can finally cook different dishes by myself"

Wang Yibo, "When since your Mother... left you?"

Xiao Zhan straightforwardly response, "4 years ago"

Wang Yibo felt something uneasiness, "You were also 16 that time, am I right?"

"Yes" Xiao Zhan answered with a nod.