Happy Birthday Special! (1/3)

(The 1st birthday special takes place on the island. The 2nd Birthday special takes place a year after finally being rescued by Roxie, Dave, and Brandon. The 3rd birthday special takes place in the future when everyone is an adult. This birthday special is not part of the chapter.)

The sounds of dinosaurs woke me up. I yawned and stretched. I went down to see everyone talking quietly around the table. There was also a large piece of paper sprawled on the table. Yasmina was drawing while the others point around the paper.

"Morning, guys!" I said.

At the sound of my voice, everyone perked up. They rolled up the paper and greeted me good morning.

"A-are you guys alright?" I ask.

"We're fine, Sunshine. Just startled." Kenji answered.

"I see. Are we having a camp meeting? Why did no one wake me up?" I ask.

"It wasn't a camp meeting. It was a..." Brooklynn trailed off.

"A hangout! We were planning to hang out! Us girls only." Sammy said.

"The boys were also planning on hanging out somewhere else," Yasmina said.

"We were thinking of hanging out today!" Nicholas added.

"Don't we hang out all the time?" I ask.

"Well, yes and no," Darius said. "We hang out all together, but when was the last time we hung out without dinosaurs ruining anything? And where you can just relax."

"I guess that's true." I look at Ben. I see he was holding the paper from earlier.

"We'll prepare for the hangout. See you in a bit, Y/n." Brooklynn waved before sliding down. The others nodded and left us.

Once they left, I went to Ben and hugged him from behind.

Ben tensed up but relaxed when he saw me.

"Morning, love," I murmured.

"Morning, Darling." Ben rolled up the paper.

"Can I see?" I try to grab the paper but Ben wouldn't let me.

"You can't."

"Why not?"

"..."

"... Well?"

"You just can't see it. Okay, darling?" Ben held me and kissed my nose.

"But why?" I ask. I wanted to see it.

Ben just smiled and kissed me on the lips.

I kissed him back. A few seconds later, I pulled away when Nicholas called for Ben.

"We should go," I said.

Ben nodded and we went to the others.

I went with the girls while Ben went with the guys.

"See you later, Ken-ken. See you later, Darling. See you later, D. And see you later, Nich." I said, ending it with their nicknames.

"See you later, Sunshine." Ken-ken saluted.

"See you later, Darling!" Ben looked at me.

"See ya!" Darius and Nicholas said.

The girls then started to drag me everywhere they could think of for the entire day. We went to the docks, we walked through the forest talking about Esther Stone and gossip, we even managed to go to Main Street and got some clothes to cosplay with, and we raced by using trucks or gyrospheres.

"Today was fun," I said as we started to head back.

"It was," Brooklynn said.

"I have to admit, this was one of the most memorable memories," Yasmina said.

Sammy then went in front of me with a blindfold in hand.

"What's that for, Sammy?" I ask.

"A surprise, for you!" Sammy then wraps the blindfold around my eyes.

The girls then started to lead me back to camp.

"Alright, Y/n. Just stay here, ok?" Sammy says excitedly.

"Sure," I said.

"Alright Y/n, you can take off the blindfold now." I heard Darius say.

I took off the blindfold and was greeted with a  'SURPRISE'.

There stood everyone with balloons and lights around them.

"Happy 15th Birthday, Sunshine!" Kenji ran towards me and hugged me.

"Oh my... That's today?" I ask in disbelief. I had lost count of the days, I didn't realize it was my birthday.

"Do you not remember your birthday?" Darius asks.

"No, I do. It's just, I lost count of the days we've been here that I didn't even realize it was my birthday today." I said.

"Well, be glad we know your birthday," Nicholas said.

"Yeah, Ben and Kenji have been counting the days ever since we've been here and had been planning your birthday about two nights ago," Brooklynn added.

"It was so fun planning your birthday party!" Sammy hugged me.

In the end, we started to eat and play games. I excused myself to go to Bumpy. and Blue.

I went to Bumpy Blue and sat beside them. They growl softly. I laugh.

"Yes you two, it's my birthday," I said.

"So... how was it?" I heard a voice.

"It was great," I said not looking behind me. I knew who it was. Ben sat next to me.

"I'm glad," Ben said. I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Thank you for remembering and for doing so much effort into this." I thanked.

It was nothing, Darling." Ben kissed the side of my head.

It then started to rain. I stood up and let the rain fall. Ben holds a hand out for me. I hold his hand and then he pulls me. The next thing I knew, we were dancing in the rain.

"I love you, Ben." I kissed his cheek.

"I love you too, Y/n. I love you so much." Ben kissed my forehead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Next Day...

Ben and I were in bed with a fever.

"You guys should have went in when it started to rain." Kenji flicked my forehead.

Brooklynn shoves him and puts a wet cloth on my head.

"Thanks." I muttered. Ben then comes closer to me and cuddles me. I do the same thing.

Even though it was hot, I just wanted to cuddle up to him. It was nice.

I am grateful for a few things.

My Friends...

My Best Friend/Brother...

My dinosaurs...

And him...

My love, Ben Fitzgerald Pincus.

A/N: Hello Snowdrops! Sorry for a late update. I am currently having writer's block for the next chapter. I had some ideas but for some reason, I could never see the end of my ideas. This is my first time having writer's block so please be patient! Here is a Special! I hope you enjoy it, even though it's short and I feel like I did bad on this.

Word Count: 972 Words