At Least...

We entered the cave. Ben and I had our hands intertwined. There was light coming out of the other side of the cave.

When we got out, we were blinded by the light. We couldn't believe it.

Ben and I got out last. But, because Ben was looking at me, he closed his eyes. "Oh!"

I then made him look at me and blew softly at his face.

Ben smirked. "Not ignoring me anymore, huh, darling?"

"Shut it." I smiled and continued to walk. 'It's so hard to ignore Ben! I need to ignore him!'

When we looked back at the scenery, it was different than we expected. And I mean, very, very, very different.

Instead of being greeted by the dead end of the cave or a dark tunnel, we ended up in a desert.

"..., not Costa Rica." Nicholas said.

"It looks more like... Australia?" Darius randomly guessed. "No way we went that far, though. Right?" Darius asked.

Kenji then put a hand on Nicholas' cheek.

"Kenji, what are you doing?" Nicholas and I asked.

"Making sure we're not dead. 'Cause if we're dead, we'd be ghosts, and if we're ghosts, I'd be able to, like... Ooh, go through you." Kenji conspired.

"We're not dead!" Nicholas slapped Kenji's hand away.

"Well, now you know. You're welcome." Kenji said.

"Ken-Ken, you do realize that you can only be a ghost if you have unfinished business, right?" I said.

"Uh, yeah, yeah, I knew that."

"Sure." Ben held my hand, but I got out of his grasp and went next to Darius.

"So, we know where we aren't," Brooklynn said. "Any idea where we are?"

"Nope. Just that we're stranded. And alone. Again." Yasmina was perched on a rock.

"We just gotta assess the situation," Darius said.

 "Hey, hey, guys! Look at that! Over there in the distance. Something Shiny!" Ben said.

We all looked where Ben pointed.

"I see it! Looks like the sun is glinting off some sort of metal thingy?" Sammy said.

"Something metal could mean someone had to make it," Nicholas said.

"We gotta check it out," Ben said.

"Hang on. You wanna go walking across a blazing hot desert just because you saw something shiny?" Kenji asked.

"We have no idea what's out there," Darius added.

"I will have to agree with them, Ben," I said.

"Oh, my sweet frightened yet brave darling princess and sweet frightened children." Ben shook his head. I blushed so much that Nicholas and Kenji held me just so I wouldn't fall or faint. "So, we're not in "Costa Rica". And we don't know "where we are".  And we have "no hope". We didn't know how we were gonna survive on Nublar and yet, we did. By sheer will, determination, and teamwork. There aren't even dinosaurs here! so logically, this should be easier. So, let's go out there and, you know, survive!"

 So, let's go out there and, you know, survive!"