Safe Harbor

We found Tiff, Mitch and Nicholas' boat.

We decided to check on it at first light.

Sunlight was coming through the clouds. We all got into our swimming clothes.

"Stay sharp." Darius said. "For all we know, Tiff and Nicholas is still in there."

We swam to the boat. I got there first, Brooklynn coming in second, Darius third, Sammy fourth. The others came from the other side. We sneaked around the boat, trying to be as quiet as possible.

"No sign of anyone." Ben said.

"Or anything." Brooklynn said. "Looks like Tiff and Nicholas had some unwanted visitors."

I then went up to check. I saw Darius and Sammy.

"The control panel's busted up." Darius said.

"And so is the radio." Sammy held up the radio.

"And it's almost out of gas." I said.

"Are you sure?" Sammy ask. "Did you tap it? They always tap it." Sammy taps it and it goes lower. "Huh? Well, now we're really sure."

I gave a dismaying look at Sammy.

"So, we've got a boat

"So, we've got a boat. We just can't use the boat." Ben said, startling me.

"Okay, the northwest dock is just around that bend." Darius said. We then made our way down. "If we can somehow make it there, maybe we can find more gas and whatever else we need to get us off the island."

A door knob rattles making Brooklynn and I gasp. Darius, Brooklynn and I step back. Until it opened with a Boo.

Brooklynn, Darius and I screamed. Darius fell on a chair, Brooklynn duck making me trip on her and into the water. I pop my head out of the water.

"Kenji!" I heard Darius. "Not funny, dude! You scared..."

"I know. It was awesome." Kenji laughed. "You should've seen your faces!" I got back on the boat to see Kenji laughing on the floor. "Priceless!"

"Kenji!" I shouted. Kenji just laughed.

"The height of comedy." Ben said with an unamused face. "I'm gonna head back to shore. Bumpy and I will meet you at the dock."