(16) Johns Wedding

"Hello," Amari speaks sheepishly as Alex opens her door, "Tommy told me to come and get you."

"Tommy? Why?" Alex asks.

"I don't know, he just told me to get you and take you to the patch?" Amari replies.

"The patch?" Alex repeats and she nods, as Alex exits the apartment closing the door, "you can go back to the pub."

"He told me to come with you," Amari responds.

"What the fuck does Tommy want you going near the patch for?" Alex replies as they descend the stairs.

"What is the patch?"

"It's where the Lee family main camp is," Alex states.

"The Lee family?"

"Another Romani family," Alex tells her.

"What's so bad about them?" Amari inquires.

"We're kind of not on the best of terms," Alex replies, lighting a cigarette.

-

"It looks like you're on just fine terms," Amari observed as they ascend a hill, finding John and a Lee girl knelt at the front, "this is a wedding is it not?"

"It is," Alex nods slowly, placing a hand on the small of Amari's back, leading her through the crowd to where Polly was stood.

"Mind filling me in, Pol? Last I knew John was marrying Lizzie," Alex whispers.

"Tommy has set up a peace notion, to help defeat Kimber, John wants a wife so he's getting one," Polly says, "now be quiet."

"Be quiet?" Alex repeats, and Polly shoots her a look.

"Fine, I'll be quiet," Alex says.

They watch as the ceremony takes place, Amari flinching as Johnny Dogs slices each of the couples hands for the mingling of the two bloods.

"Aren't they cute?" Amari coos, tugging Alex's sleeve, as John kissed his new bride.

"Adorable," Alex responds dryly.

-

"Lighten up, it's a wedding," Amari teases, walking over from the bonfire to where Alex was sat, smoking a cigarette with a drink in her other hand.

"My brothers wedding to a woman he doesn't know," Alex responds.

"He's not complaining," Amari states, gesturing to where John was cuddled up with his new wife laughing.

"Come and dance," Amari smiles, plucking the drink from her hand.

"Do I look like the sort of person who dances?" Alex replies, going to grab her drink, but Amari moves it out of her reach.

"Seriously?" Alex says, leaning back in her chair, eyes roaming over the woman in front of her as Amari finishes her drink, placing the empty glass down, "if you want another one, you're going to have to get up."

"Getting up, doesn't mean I will be dancing," Alex states.

"Come on, Lex," Amari smiles, grabbing her free hand, "dance with me."

Alex takes another drag from her cigarette, shaking her head, "not happening."

"Is it truly that disagreeable?"

"Yes," Alex states.

"Please," Amari pleads, fiddling with the ring that rests on Alex's pointer finger, "have some fun, dance with me. What's it going to take? Another drink?"