(15) Where's Melanie?

"I heard the Lees turned you over," Kimber states, as Tommy leads him through the betting den, passing by Alex, who was leant against a desk speaking to Lewis and Bentley.

"You shouldn't listen to gossip, Mr Kimber," Tommy replies, nothing the man's eyes drift towards Alex, stopping where she was stood. She barely offers him a glance before going back to her conversation.

Kimber clears his throat, "I don't believe we got to introduce ourselves properly."

"I believe we did, I'm the bastard Shelby, remember," Alex responds.

"What's your name?" Billy asks.

"Alexandria, but you can call me Miss Shelby," Alex states, causing him to smirk, eyeing her up and down.

"Watch those eyes or you're going to lose them," Alex says, and he laughs, "you're funny."

"She's not joking," Lewis mumbles, as Tommy manages to steer Kimber away and into his office.

"You have a way with men," Bentley teases.

"Ever the charmer," Lewis adds.

"Piss off," Alex says.

"Just saying, it's lucky you're pretty, cause once you open your mouth, you drive them away... most of them away," Lewis chuckles, as Bentley clips him round the head, "no flirting in front of me, it's sickening."

Alex looks to the door where she could see Polly, angrily, animatedly speaking to someone outside.

She pushes herself off the desk, making her way towards her aunt.

"You're not seeing her, you have no right," Polly states.

"She's my daughter, my child... surely you know what that's like," Vanessa pleads.

Polly felt like the air had been knocked from her lungs. She knew Vanessa may not have meant it in a malicious way - she left before Michael and Anna were taken from her.

"You need to leave," Alex states, glaring at her mother and placing a comforting hand on Pollys shoulder, "stop making this difficult for everyone, I want nothing to do with you, stop considering me your daughter. I forgot you fucking existed, so please return the bloody favour."

"I'm trying-"

"Well stop, because I don't want you to. I don't need you. You left," Alex states, "Polly raised me alone, she did it all, she is more of a mother to me than you will ever be. You weren't here, and I don't want you to be. Stop trying to contact me. I want nothing to do with you."

"You heard her," Polly says, and Vanessa looks slightly defeated, as Polly speaks again, "take this as your last verbal warning, because further measures will be taken should you show up here again."

Alex then shuts the door, leaving Vanessa stood there. Alex turns, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed, "you okay, Pol?"

"Yeah," Polly nods, smiling at her, "yeah, I am."

"I've got an announcement, would you two care to join?" Tommy states, joining them in the doorway, "who was here?"

"Vanessa," Alex replies, "nothing to worry about, come on, let's hear the announcement."

The two women follow him back into the betting den, staying near the back as he walks to the front.

"Ladies and gentlemen, in my hand I have a legal betting license, issued by the board of control. The Shelby family has its first legal racetrack pitch."

"He's only gone and fucking done it," Bentley says, as the room explodes with cheers, many Blinders going up to Tommy to congratulate him.

-