(12) The Lees attack back

"Amari," Alex says, from her seat at the end of the bar, "another please."

"Is everything okay?" Grace questions, ignoring the warning look Amari was giving her.

"What?" Alex replies.

"It's just, are you sure haven't had enough?" Grace asks, as Amari places another full glass of rum in front of Alexandria, "why are you glaring at me?"

"I'm hoping you'll spontaneously combust," Alex states, taking a sip from the glass.

"Grace, just drop it," Amari sighs.

"Someone's moody," Grace mumbles under her breath, keen to get the last word.

"Someone needs to fuck off," Alex responds.

"Lex, she's new cut her some slack," Amari inputs.

"No," Alex says, "Grace, let's get one thing clear, my drinking habits, none of your fucking business, and if you want to say something, have the guts to speak it coherently."

"Lex, meeting," Bentley says, walking into the pub with Lewis.

"When?" Alex asks, glancing over her shoulder at them.

"Now, the rest of them will be here in a bit," Lewis tells her, watching her finish her drink, and then stand up, walking towards them barely in a straight line.

"Lex, it's just gone noon," Bentley states, once they'd walked into the snug.

"I do have a watch, Ben," Alex replies.

"I think his point is... you smell like a fucking brewery," Lewis says, looking into Alex's slightly bloodshot eyes.

"Alcohol will do that to you," Alex responds, sitting down, as the rest of the family excluding Finn and Ada walk into the room.

"Is drinking excessively necessary?" Bentley whispers, and Alex shrugs, "I'd hate to be sober."

"Alright, there's only one man guarding the house, what is it, John?" Tommy asks.

"You know what it's been like since Martha died," John speaks, clearing his throat, Polly placing a comforting hand on his, "God takes the best first."

"The truth is, my kids have been running bloody rings around me, running barefoot with the dogs until all hours," John states.

"Pol, give him ten bob for some new shoes. Is that it, John?" Tommy responds.

"Shut up," Alex says.

"What's your point, John?" Polly queries.

"What the kids need is a mother," John speaks, "that's why I'm getting married."

"Does this poor girl know you're going to marry her?" Lewis jokes.

John glares at him, "I've already proposed and she said yes."

"I think there's a shell about to land and go bang," Tommy inputs.

Taking a sip from his glass, John looks around timidly, "it's Lizzie Stark."

There was a moments pause before most people in the room burst out into laughter.

"John, Lizzie Stark's a strong woman, and I'm sure she provides a fine service for her customers," Polly says.

"I won't hear the word. Understand? Do not use that word?" John states.

"Whore? It's her fucking job description, Jonathon, she's a prostitute," Alex says.

"I can give her a better life, she can give me a better life," John replies, "I want it known, if anybody calls her a whore again, I will push the barrel of my revolver down their throats and blow the word back down into their heart."