Romano and Juleit |chapter 23|

The next morning, I woke up and decided to wear some sweatpants and a hoodie. I went on my computer to read the newest article the Blue and Gold had written. Surprisingly for all that we've discovered, it was about Jason's memorial. Betty had gotten a few quotes from people of how they felt and what they were thinking. It wasn't as good as the one she wrote about Chuck and his gang.

Suddenly bursted into my mom which made me jump. "Shit!" I yelled. "Oh I'm sorry Kathrine," my dad chuckled. "Fuck dad. You scared the shut out of me," I said. "Language young lady," he said. I straightened myself and looked at him. "What do you need, dad?" "I'm going to be at the variety show tonight. Are you coming?" he asked. "I don't know yet. One of my friends is performing so I might go," I said, typing away at the computer. "You have friends?" My dad joked. I giggled. "Yes dad, I have friends," I replied.

I heard a knock coming from the door, I looked over and it wasn't my dad. But Cynthia. "Hey Katherine, can I talk to you?" She asked. I nodded and my dad left. "What's up Cynthia? Need a model for one of your dresses again?" I asked her. "No no. Not at all," she said. She sat on the bed right at me and looked a bit nervous but happy. "Katherine it's about the boy..." she said, know who 'the boy' was. "What about him? We're just friends..." I lied.

"Kathrine, if a guy looks at you the way he does... your not just friends," she said, knowing I was lying. "I just want you to be smart." I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Cynthia, please not that talk," I begged. She chuckled. "No it's not that talk," she said. "I just don't want your heart to get broken. After all you've been through..." "Cynthia, nothing like that is going to happen," I said. "He's nice and kind. He has the most comforting eyes and he understands pain."

"Kathrine..." she said. "Cynthia, I'll be fine. I think you're just paranoid," I said. "It's better to be paranoid than not cautious at all," she reminded me. I held her hand. "I'm sorry about whatever last relationship you were in but... Jones is a good guy. I don't know why you don't see that," I said. "I know your mother was never really there for you," she tried to say. "No. You don't get to talk about my mother," I said, starting to get a bit annoyed.

"That's where k draw the line with you. You don't get to talk about my mother. I let you sympathize with my pain. I let you treat me like one of your models. But you don't never! Get to talk about mother. You don't get to compare yourself you my mother. Because you never knew her for the monster she was." She turned silent. For a moment I considered I was too harsh on her but, she doesn't get to act all high and mighty like she's doing me a favor.

"I'm sorry Cynthia but I think you should leave." She quietly got up from the bed and walked out of the room, thinking about what she said. I flopped on the bed in exhausted. I layed there for a few minutes thinking about what I said. She has no right acting like my mother. I have a mother and she's a monster. There's no changing that. But I felt bad for yelling at her. She didn't deserve that.

I heard another knock and I felt like I started to lose it. I got up and stormed over to the door to open it. But to my surprise no one was there. Than there was another knock. From the window. I went over and looked out to see Jughead on the latter agian. I opens the window and let him in. "Jones what are you doing. I told you not to do that," I laughed. "Well it's not like I can come through the front door. Your dad is a cop. He probably has a shot gun," he said. I laughed. "Don't worry Jones," I said. "His shotgun is upstairs." He gave a small chuckle.

"So what are you doing here?" "Looking for you," he said, a bit confused. "No I mean obviously that's why you're here why are you here?" I asked. He heald my hand and stepped closer. "Well I was thinking... about you..." he said, leaning down a bit. "And I wanted to come and tell you something." "What is it?" I asked, he stomach turning into a million nots.

"That's your the prettiest girl in the world. That I've thought about for every second of every day since the day I saw you," he said, almost closing the gap if air between our lips. "Would it be weird if I thought the same," I giggled. "Would it be weird if I thought of kissing you," he said. Without even a single word, his peach lips touched mine. He put his hand on my cheek to bring me closer. When we pulled away, he had the biggest smile I have ever seen. My face started to burn up, I had to look away.

"You're cute when you blush," he laughed. I looked at him lightly slapped in the shoulder. "Shut up," I said. He kissed me on the cheek. Then I heard a knock on the door. I quickly put my hand over this mouth and moved closer to the door. He moved next to the door, making sure to keep quiet. "Kathrine, can you open the door?" My dad asked. I started to panic and looked at Jughead. He kept on mouthing, 'Shit! Shit! Shit!'

I slightly opened the door. "Yes?" "I thought I heard a noise up here. Is everything okay?" He asked. I tried to keep my cool. "I don't know what you're talking about but everything's fine," I said, still trying to keep Jughead out of sight. "Okay then. I'll see you later," he said, closing the door. I looked over at Jughead and started to laughing. I joined soon after and couldn't catch my breath. When I stopped laughing, I layed in by bed looking to the ceiling.

I could feel Jughead laying down next to me. I tilted my head to look at him. "I propose the question again, what are we?" I ask. His eyes started to shine like the sky with a big smile. "Do you wanna be my girlfriend?" He smirked. "I mean like I don't want hide anything but I just don't want my dad to find out." I heald his hand and rolled on my side. "Of course Jones. I understand," I said, kissing the tip on his nose.