Sweetwater River |chapter 3|

As the sun beamed on my face, I could feel the stiffness of my body start to unravel. I slowly let myself fall out of my bed to get ready for the day. I decided to throw on some rip jeans and a white crop top. I decided to put my hair up in a braid. I grabbed my camera, my phone and headed downstairs where I saw my father getting ready. "Hey dad what's up?" I asked, grabbing a piece of bacon off a plait in the kitchen. "The Sheriff said need to start a day early, dragging the lake again for that boy's body. Want to come to the station?" He said. I looked at the time on my phone. "I guess I can go, I can have breakfast at Pops after and take some pictures," I said. I got in the car with my dad and headed to the station.

When we got there I headed inside and saw the political things you would see at a sheriff's station. A guy cuffed to a bench. Officers having their breakfast, and only one cop who's actually doing any work. We walked into the office and was greeted by a cop. He stood up and shook my dad's hand. "Hello Mr. Evans, it's nice to see you again," the cop said. "Likewise Keller," he dad responded. "This is my daughter Katherin." He pointed to me and shook the sheriff's hand. "You know I have a son who's in high school too," he told me.I nodded my head and heard someone walk through the door. "Here's your coffee dad," the boy said, handing the coffee to Sheriff Keller.

"Kevin, this is my friend's daughter Katherine," the cop said. I waved at Kevin. By his get up, I could tell pretty clearly that he didn't like girls. Even by the sound of this voice. "Me and your dad are going to drag the lake for Jason again. You guys can go get some breakfast and come by Sweetwater River near noon," my dad told us. I looked over at Kevin and he didn't have a problem. I agreed so we started to talk to Pops dinner. As we walked, I asked him about Riverdale. "We'll ever since Jason... everything has been off," he explained. "He's twin sister Cheryl has been such a bitch to everyone lately. More so than before." "Well there's no excuse to be a dick after someone has died but from what I understand they were very close," I replied.

The Keller boy nodded and we entered Pops at the sound of the chiming bell. I saw the boy from yesterday. I gestured to him and asked Kevin, "Hey Keller, do you know that boy?" "Yeah," he said. "His real name is Forsythe Pendleton Jones the third but everyone calls him Jughead." I took Keller's hand and I made our way to Jone's booth. "Hey Jones," I said, sitting on the opposite side of him. "Hello Evans," he replied, catching on to how I talk to people. "Are you almost done with the chapter?" I asked. He nodded. As Pops came over we ordered three coffees and he went in his way. "Wait, how do you to know each other?" Kevin asked, looking back and forth from me to Jughead. "We met yesterday," Jughead told him. I took a sip of my coffee. "Hey, do you need more content for your novel?" I asked him. He looked up from his computer. "Yeah?" He said. "How about you come down to Sweetwater River later. They're bragging about the lake again," I said.

Kevin looked at me in confusion. "Yeah that would be great," he replied. Kev looked over at Jughead and then back at me. I could feel my phone vibrating so I looked at it. It said, 'Hey kiddo we found some evidence at the river we might stop by the river around noon and be home before 10. I'll have to miss dinner'. I quickly texted back okay and looked at the time, it was 11:34 am. I flashed him over at Kevin. "Well Jughead," he began. "Where 'gonna head over there now so if you want to join..." Jughead closed his laptop and put it into his bag. "Okay let's get going," he commented. As we stepped out of the dinner I could feel a slight breeze rush over me. I started to get some goosebumps but I didn't have a jacket so I couldn't do anything about it. After some time the boys finally led me to Sweetwater River.

I could see the coast guard boat crazing the river trying to find more evidence. There was yellow cushion tape all around the perimeter of the river. I looked over to see a while tent near the river with a table set up where officers and my dad was hanging around. We started to walk over and my father gave me a hug. "How's my girls fist day in Riverdale?" He asked. "It's good. I made some friends," I replied, gesturing over the Jughead and Kevin. "Well thats good," he said. I could tell Jughead's mind was in another place when he said sometiong out of the blue. "What's in that bag?" He asked my dad. "Well," my dad said, holding it up. "This is the white glove Cheryl claims she's dropped in the water." He gave me a nod and I look out my camera and took a picture. My dad thought it was better for me to take the pictures so the officers' cameras won't get stolen. Jughead looked at me in slight confusion. "What surprised I take pictures?" I asked. Instead of answering he chuckles and looks away.

I looked over to the temporary bored the police have created. "Sheriff Keller?" I called. He walked over beside me and also looked at the bored. "Yes Katherine?" "Why do you need a bored. From what I've heard Jason drowned," I told him. "That is true but we can never be too careful," he said. I nodded and looked over at my dad. He looked like he was enjoying what he was doing. I never really liked his job. He would always be put in deadly situations. That is the certain reason why my dad took the job in Riverdale so fast. He said something bad was happening at work. He never really told me why but he said I didn't have to worry about it. But yet I still worry. "Hey Katherine," my dad called. I walked over to see that Kevin was having a great time with my dad while Jughead was looking out at Sweetwater river.