Memorial Plans |chapter 20|

The next day, I met Jughead and Betty in the lounge. She broke some horrible news to us about her sister Polly and how she tried to hurt herself. The story hit close to home but, at least her parents are saying she's getting the help she needed. "I'm so sorry Cooper," I said. "That's hard core," Jughead said, glancing at me. " asked my dad if I could call Polly. He said she was doing better. But then when she heard about Jason's death she had a big set back. He doesn't want to risk another one," Betty explained.

"Why does a rich kid sell drugs?" Jughead asks. "He was running away from his parents," Betty said. "Yeah probably," Jughead replied. "Or drug dealers," I added. "Oh my God is that possible?" She panicked. "It's a theory," I said. "But why would he have to run away from mommy and daddy?" Jughead asked. "Because they're monsters," Betty replied.

"Yeah but why speciality?" Jughead asked. "Well we can't expect exactly ask them," I commented. "So we have to ask Jason," Jughead said. I looked at him in confusion. "Jones are you insane?" "Are you proposing a seance or..." Betty said. "No dead men tell no tales. But their bedrooms, their houses..." Jughead said. "Yeah we can go check again," I agreed.

Than a idea hit me like a wrecking ball. I walked over to Jughead and started to look through Jugheads jacket pockets. "Evans what are you..." he tried to ask. I pulled out the post-it I gave to him a while ago. "Drug deal lead," I said, holding up the paper.

For the rest of the day, Jughead and we're talking about the plan for the funeral. The plan was quite simple. After the memorial, When everyone's giving their condolences, Jughead, Betty and I would head upstairs to Jason's room to take a second look. If we found anything great, if we didn't we would just leave.

When school let out, I headed over to Pops to get some of my homework done. When I saw Jughead enter Pops, I scooted over to make some room. "I didn't kow you would be here today," I smiled. "Evans I'm always here," he chuckled. He sat next to me as he pulled out his lap top. "How's the novel coming along?" I ask. "Well I don't get to work on it was much because we have to investigate but it's coming along," he said. He put his hand in mine. "But the novel can always wait."

I put my head on his shoulder and watched him write. His fingers as he typed away seemed soothing. "Hey Evans?" Jughead said, stopping his typing. "Hum?" "This may seem weird but... do you want to go to Jason's memorial with me?" I sat up to look at him with a big smile. "Of course I will Jones," I say, waving down a waiter. I asked for two chocolate milkshakes with extra whip cream.

"What was that for?" Jughead smiled. I heald his hand a quizzed it tight. "I just feel like I want to celebrate something," I said. For the rest of the day, Jughead and I spent time at Pops working on homework, Jugheads novel, the funeral plan, and cracking jokes. It really felt like this is the place I was ment to be. In this moment in this booth with this guy.

The next morning was Jason's memorial. I put on a black crop top, a black skirt, a black leather jacket, and some blacks. I paired it with a smokie eye and some mascara. When I heard a knock at the door, I started to panic. "Come in," I said nervously. I looked up from the mirror to see a certain some wearing a suit with a beanie. "Oh my... wow... you look so," he said trying to find the words. "What, do I look bad?" I panic, fixing my skirt. "No no no," he reassured me, walking over.

"You look amazing." He gave a a smile while I hugged him. "Thank you Jones. You don't look too bad yourself," I chuckled. We headed down stairs where I saw Cynthia sitting on the couch in the living room. "Katherine, can I talk to you?" She asked. I looked up at Jughead. "I'll wait outside," he whispered, before letting go of my hand. "What's up Cynthia?" I ask. "That boy really likes you," she said. "I know," I responded. "Do you like him back?" "I'm not sure," I said, looking at the door where Jughead had exited.

"I can tell he cares about you deeply. And you care about him," she said. "I just dont want him breaking your heart." I gave her a weak smile. "Trust me Cynthia. He won't. I like him too much," I said, walking out the door. Jughead and I walked to Thornehill and piled in the house along with everyone else. We found two seats next to Betty and sat down.

We all looked back and saw Cheryl coming down the isle in a white dress. When  she got to the bedistal she told everyone to sit down. She gave the sad grieving sister speech as she threw herself on to Jason coffin. I could tell her mother was not happy about this outburst. Veronica went up to comfort her and helped her take a seat. The rest of the memorial went as planned as Mr. and Mrs. Blossom have their speeches about their son.

When they were done, Jughead, Betty and I headed up to Jason's room. When Jughead opens the door, I got the chills and sirius visions of deja vu. "Is it me or did the temperature just drop likw is does in horror movies?" Betty asked. "I'm with you there," I agreed, looked around the room. "That's just a icy chill of the dead," Jughead reminded us. "Where does a teenage boy hide things?" Betty asks him. "Under the mattress. Maybe in the drawers, behind the headboard, in the closet," he suggested.

"Hello," a familiar voice called. The three of us just jumped and looked to where the voice was calling. "I'm sorry we were just leaving,"  Betty said, quickly. "Nana Blossom it's nice to see you," I said, waving to her. "Oh it's you darling," she said, wheeling herself into the light. "I see you brought Polly. Come closer I want to take a good look at both of you." "The horror. The horror," Jughead whispered in my ear. I sat near Nana Blossom but Betty was a bit hesitant. "Come closer Polly dear," she suggested.