[19] Deathly shadows

Okay okay, view this as a kind of warning bc I'm so kind haha💅 I had literally an emotional rollercoaster while writing all of this stuff here. Have fun reading this then😭

Y/N stood at the large stained-glass window and looked out at the gloomy clouds that were gathering around the castle of the School for Evil and threatening to get closer and closer. She watched with great apprehension as bright flashes of lightning lit up the night sky.

Suddenly the large door was ripped open and Dovey rushed into the room where Y/N was. Completely out of breath, she held onto the door frame and looked at Y/N out of panicked eyes.
"Dovey, what's wrong with you?" asked Y/N, immediately rushing towards her friend to lead her to a chair where the dean could sit down.

"It's Rafal!"

Confused, Y/N tilted her head, not understanding exactly what Dovey was trying to tell her. The young woman knelt on the floor in front of her good friend and took Dovey's hands in hers. "Take it easy, Clarissa. What about Rafal?" so Y/N then calmly inquired, even though she was clearly worried by the look on her friend's face.

"He's here, and he's on his way to us. He has summoned some of his shadow creatures, not long now and they will attack us. We saw him, it's horrible!"
Frozen in place, Y/N sat in front of her friend, unable to believe what she just heard. Rafal actually dared to launch an attack on them? They had not been prepared for this and especially her students were not. They had never had anything to do with real evil in their lives.

"We have to do something about it, we have to prepare for it right away."

Y/N, meanwhile, had gotten up and was about to start running when Dovey grabbed her wrist and held her back. "Y/N, wait. There's something else you should know." The dean had turned her gaze toward the wooden floor, almost as if to avoid saying the next words.

"Dovey, if you have anything else to say, say it now! What's wrong?" Y/N looked down at the other seriously, they just didn't have time to keep standing here idly.

"Lesso and the other Never... They're with him. He must have done something to them if they are following his orders. We have to stop them, but we can't hurt them under any circumstances."

And all at once Y/N froze. She remembered the two times she had confronted Lesso, where she had seemed so distant and different from what she knew her to be. Now, slowly but surely, everything began to make sense! But at the thought that Lesso had said and done all this only because she was under the influence of Rafal, she instantly felt a little sick.

The young woman started moving, her destination clearer than ever before. "What are you up to?" called Dovey after her, who by now had jumped back up. Y/N stopped and turned to her friend, an ambitious fire burning in her eyes. "I will find Lesso and free her from this wretched curse. When she comes to her senses, then she can help the other Nevers."

Before Dovey could get around to answering anything else, Y/N had already hurried out of the room. Outside in the courtyard, the first cries of young girls being attacked by Rafal's shadow creatures could already be heard. And even if Y/N had to find Lesso as soon as possible, she also had to fulfill her duty to protect her students from the dangers.

The once so beautifully prepared garden had changed into a huge battlefield. Small bushes could be seen burning everywhere, the traces of the fierce battles were hard to miss, and soon a small group of princesses entered Y/N's field of vision, pushed back and now threatened to be attacked by two sinister monsters made of black smoke.
One of the girls had tried to cast a spell against these creatures, but to no avail. Their magic was simply too weak for that.

Without thinking much about it, Y/N hurriedly rushed towards the young girls and stood protectively in front of them, so that the creatures couldn't harm them anymore. "That's enough." A shield of bright magic formed and wrapped around them like a protective dome. The shadowy creatures tried to break through the shield created by Y/N, but with no success.