[16] Leonora of Gavaldon

High up in the blue summer sky, a few birds were making their rounds and happily chirping a melody. A fresh breeze blew across the land and made the leaves of the trees rustle a little.
Y/N had been up early, after all she had planned a little trip with Lesso today. She wanted to take her to the city, which was not so far away from here, because there was still one or the other to do for her.

The breakfast table was already set, fresh fruit had been draped in golden bowls on the large dining table, it had also been thought of plenty of vegetables. The breakfast table offered everything the heart could desire and more.
Lesso came down some time later and sat down with Y/N without saying a word. The young woman was used to Lesso not being so talkative and in a good mood in the morning.

"I hope you had a pleasant first night here?" Y/N wanted to find out, after all Lesso should feel comfortable here if they were going to spend a few more days here. Lesso hummed softly just once. "It was definitely more pleasant than most of my nights" she said, which made Y/N smile slightly.

"I have to run some errands in town later, will you join me? Don't worry, it's not very far from here either." A little questioningly, Lesso raised an eyebrow, in her hand a cup of hot drink from which she had just taken another sip. "What to the city? Don't your servants do that for you?"
Y/N laughed softly before answering, "No, not exactly. Isabell and the others are here to keep an eye on the house a bit when I'm not here and give me advice and help. I wouldn't really call them real servants, they are far too valuable to me for that. Besides... I enjoy going into town. The walks up there are always very refreshing and I enjoy talking to the residents when I'm there. So, are you coming or not?"

For a moment, Lesso seemed to think about it. "I guess I'll come along, I just can't promise you that your villagers will be as talkative today if I'm by your side." After all, the School for Good and Evil was pretty well known, even among the common folk, so most avoided talking to Lesso for fear she might cast a spell on them.

"Oh Lesso, now don't always think so negatively of yourself. I'm sure it's not as bad as you might think now. But I'm glad you're coming with me, so at least I'll have some company this time."

After breakfast, the two started off in the direction of the city, so that they would be back early and could enjoy the day together.
"What exactly do you have to get so important in the city?" A while of silence had passed. A while in which Y/N and Lesso had just walked side by side in silence, enjoying the nature around them.

As soon as they had left Y/N's property, they were surrounded by colorful fields of flowers blooming in the bright sunshine, a small river running through the land, quietly lapping away as the sun reflected in the water, making it glisten.
It was a peaceful interplay of nature, a beautiful place that seemed to be so untouched after.

"Isabell has been employed with us for 30 years now and has taken care of my parents since before I was born. I notice that she is getting weaker as the years go by, yet she still performs her work with as much dedication as she did on her first day. I just want to give her a little something back for always doing so much for my family and me. Besides, I thought, since we're in town anyway, I might as well bring a few things for dinner tonight, so no one else has to worry about it."

Lesso had been listening in silence and now gave Y/N a sideways glance, which of course did not escape the other woman. "What?" she inquired, not knowing how to interpret the redhead's look. But Lesso just shook her head slightly and continued on her way in response. "Oh nothing, you're just way too good for this world."

The two of them reached the city, which looked a lot duller and gloomier than the way they had come. Perhaps it was simply due to the dark buildings that stretched through the individual alleys and from the untouched nature was not necessarily much left.