[22] Love, the death of duty

The presence of the new students caused quite a stir at both schools. Y/N herself returned to her room after class, tense and annoyed, that much was certain, as she paced up and down the room, gesturing wildly with her hands as if she were having a discussion with herself.

Lesso, who was sitting at her desk, raised her head after Y/N's entrance and cocked an eyebrow questioningly when she saw her girlfriend so upset and agitated. "What's wrong?" the redhead asked, causing Y/N to stop. She sighed a little heavily and ran a hand through her hair once, "What's wrong? Our students are on their best behavior once again. I don't know which one of us will lose our temper first, but it will be someone."

With a slight chuckle, Lesso rose from her seat and approached Y/N. "All right, princess come along." Gently, she took Y/N's hand in hers and led her to the chair she had been sitting in just seconds ago. Lesso pushed Y/N onto the chair and stepped behind her, placing her hands on Y/N's shoulders. "So tell me, what did they do this time?"

And even before Y/N got to talk about her confrontation with the students, Lesso began to massage her girlfriend a little, easing the tension. Y/N closed her eyes slightly, a sigh of pleasure escaping her as Lesso ran her talented hands over her skin and she felt her tense muscles slowly but surely seem to relax a bit.

"During the fighting class today, Sophie was of the firm conviction that she didn't want to fight. She and Hester started a fuss, and guess what my classroom looks like now? That's right, burned down and destroyed. I mean, they're supposed to be training to fight, but why do they have to set fire to everything they can get their hands on?"

Eventually Y/N was able to relax a little, but only thanks to Lesso's massage. "You know how they are. Young and impetuous, plus it's a good thing if they're so committed to it. The classroom can be easily repaired, you don't always have to get so upset, dear. What else did you expect from a gang of Nevers, please?"

It was always amazing how Lesso could make light of something like this. Y/N knew that her girlfriend actually liked all the chaos, but a chaotic classroom was something she hadn't really gotten used to after all this time.
"Relax, that's the Ever talking out of you again." Lesso had to grin a little when she saw the pained expression on Y/N's face. "Now don't give me that look. I know you don't like to be called that, but you just can't deny who you are and we both know that deep down you're still the brave princess you were. Even if you're doing a pretty good job of masking it right now."

Lightly, Y/N looked over her shoulder at the redhead. She hated it when Lesso was right. Even if she had settled in well at the School for Evil by now, a part of her would always linger over on the other side by Ever Castle, whether she wanted it or not.

"Oh, speaking of which. Clarissa sent me a message for you. She asked if you might want to come visit her again sometime, for old times' sake. As far as I understood she would prepare something for the two of you this afternoon and you could just join her" Lesso finally let Y/N know and stopped her massage, her hands still resting on Y/N's shoulders.
The addressed seemed to think for a moment about Dovey's offer. Outside of meal times, they actually saw very little of each other, a fact the young woman rather regretted.

As soon as they let her in, Y/N was immediately taken to the room where Dovey was already waiting for her. A few of the Evers gave her subtle glances, but that was also to be expected. Since she had become a Never, Y/N was no longer welcome in these halls. Neither with the students, nor with some of the teachers. The only ones who still stuck by her after all and considered her a friend were Yuba and of course Dovey.

"Y/N!"

Dovey had jumped up from her seat as soon as Y/N had entered the room. The dean came up to her and welcomed her in a warm and welcoming embrace. And all at once, everything seemed as it had once been. It didn't matter what status they both had or whose side they were on. At that moment, they were simply united by their long-standing friendship, and no one would be able to take that away from them.