[6] Ever, Never and the letter

This chapter will be a little longer than the rest, so think of it as a special Haha Btw, thank you all for 1k reads already, you guys are amazing😭 And now, enjoy reading!

It was here, the day everyone had worked so hard for: The Everball was just around the corner and everyone had been pretty excited, but first and foremost, of course, was Dovey, who had once again put all her heart and soul into this festive evening. And the result was impressive: No matter where you looked, everywhere sparkled and glittered and Y/N couldn't help but praise her friend for this masterful performance.

"Thank you very much, now let's not waste any more time. We still have to get ready and that takes some time." Dovey clapped her hands once and finally shooed Y/N into the groom room. After their fitting yesterday, the gowns for the ball had been placed there.

"I hear a great many princesses were invited by their princes today. Ah, the young first love. Such a beautiful thing, don't you think?" Dovey gushed as usual, to which Y/N merely smirked a little. "Sure, something quite wonderful. I can remember your first love quite clearly, back when we were still in school ourselves. You were so excited that you hardly ate anything for a whole day, and when the time came and you went to the ball with him, you had to realize that this young man is quite a self-absorbed prince who can only talk about himself."

Yes, Y/N fondly remembered her old school days here, much to Dovey's dismay, who was now looking at her friend in complete indignation and shock. "You remember that?"
"Oh, I remember it all" Y/N said laughing softly, grabbing the dress from the coat hook to put on. After all, there wasn't too much time left before the official opening of the ball.

The dress fit perfectly, hugging every curve, and the long sleeves of translucent fabric gave the garment a certain simplicity and elegance. Y/N had always made sure when choosing her dress that it would not turn out too extravagant.

The fabric felt incredibly good on her skin and if it wasn't already, Y/N would have easily felt like a real princess. The young woman looked at herself in the large mirror for a moment, her own reflection smiling back at her and she spun around once. Yes, she could really be seen like this at the ball, even if the finishing touches were still missing.

Y/N stepped out and saw Dovey, as to be expected the dean was radiant in her golden dress as she was all the other days before. Her crown sparkled on her head and it was the first time Y/N saw the other with her hair down. "You look lovely, dear." Dovey clapped enthusiastically and directed Y/N to sit on a chair, as she wanted to help her with her hair.

And so Y/N had no choice but to undergo the procedure from her friend. But the patience paid off, because when Y/N looked in the mirror, she even had to admit herself that she looked really good. Dovey had braided jewelry into her hair and now made her look truly majestic.

"I bet if princes were also present for us today, each of them would surely be speechless when they saw you." Y/N smiled a little pained at this compliment. Fortunately, no such princes were present today. Otherwise, this evening would be a lot more exhausting.
But another question crowded into Y/N's mind. Would Lesso like her appearance if she saw her like this?

She quickly shook off the thought and turned to Dovey. "We shouldn't waste any more time, or we'll be late in a minute. Now then, shall we?" The dean nodded with a smile and finally escorted Y/N to the ballroom, where they were already awaited by the other teachers and the Evers.

"I wish you a wonderful evening, the time has come and the festivities can begin. Enjoy the evening to the fullest, you deserve it." For once, Dovey refrained from her big speech this time, because she could tell the young girls and boys wanted to finally get the party started. But more than that was not necessary, everyone understood what their dean wanted to tell them and not even two minutes later the first music started to play in the ballroom.