[14] With best wishes from Rafal

"You're back!"

Dovey had jumped up from her seat and hurriedly walked toward them, but her expression quickly changed from relief to concern when she saw Y/N's trembling form.
"Goodness, what happened to you?" she inquired, but Lesso only shook her head slightly. "Not now, Clarissa."

Instead, Lesso led Y/N to the fireplace that stood in the room and had her sit down there.
The skeptical and even stunned looks of the other teachers from the two schools were clearly on the two of them, which went against Lesso's grain. "And here I thought your attention spans weren't even long enough for a few seconds. Seems I was wrong as curious as you all stare at us. Feel free to look elsewhere." Y/N put her hand on Lesso's, which was still resting on her shoulder, and just shook her head. "Don't, stop getting upset. They''ll never understand anyway."

"But, what exactly happened? You two, you made it! Good and evil, true love... it's never been like this before but instead of being happy you both look like it's been three days of rain." Dovey knew something was going on here, because she knew Y/N far too well for that by now.

The young woman, warming herself by the fire, merely sighed softly and after exchanging one last look with Lesso, Y/N began to tell of her discovery in the blue forest. "I had felt like I was being watched all along and then there was this creature following me. Luckily I was able to find Lesso in time and we stopped the beast together, but.... well how can I say. It was something created out of dark magic, I've really never seen anything like it before."

An awkward silence had spread through the room and Dovey had to sit down and think it all through after hearing this. "Dark magic you say? And you're sure about that?" asked Anemone finally. Lesso rolled her eyes slightly and was about to make another sarcastic comment when Y/N beat her to it, preventing another argument between the two. "Yeah, for sure. I worked a lot with different magic before I came here and I've seen a thing or two, but this kind, such a devilish and dark magic, it's the first time I've seen it."

Meanwhile, Yuba had come to her and handed her a steaming cup of a hot herbal tea to help her warm up a bit.
Dovey heaved a heavy sigh. "If that is the case, then there is no doubt about it at all.... it must be the work of Rafal. No one else knows evil magic as well as he does" she finally murmured softly.

Y/N listened at the mention of this name. She had heard of him many times before. He was said to be the brother of the schoolmaster and the embodiment of all evil in this world. But several hundred years ago he had disappeared just like that, no one knew about his whereabouts. Was this perhaps the person Lesso and Dovey had been talking about the other day? Judging from the expression on Lesso's face, Y/N seemed to be right in that guess.

"But if he's back, then that doesn't mean anything good for us. Then we have to be on our guard" she murmured softly and sipped once at the warm drink. It was a little bitter, probably due to the herbs it contained. Nevertheless, it served its purpose and helped Y/N warm up and calm her nerves a bit,

"I suggest we stay calm for now. We don't know if it's really Rafal we're dealing with here. Still, we should be careful and not take the matter lightly. No one has been hurt yet, but if it turns out that Rafal is planning something, then we'll sit down again and talk about our next steps," Dovey finally suggested. That was probably the wisest decision, because the last thing they needed at the moment was a mass panic among the students when nothing had happened yet.

Y/N rose from her chair and faced Lesso. "Here, your coat. Thank you, it really helped a lot." The young woman was about to take off the coat, which was a bit too big, and return it to its rightful owner, when Lesso just shook her head slightly and replied, "It's okay. Give it back to me another time. I have others. Besides, you seem to need it more than I do right now."
And of course, that was definitely not because Lesso liked seeing Y/N in her clothes.