Ch. 7

DDOT

Harlem, NY

6:59pm

I showed up to the dance looking for Jada. When I got into the gymnasium all I saw was a huge ass circle.

I stood next to some tall ass guy.

" AINT DAT YO CHICK" he hit my arm as he yelled.

I raised a brow and started shoving to get to the middle. Once I did all I saw was Jada twerking all ova Notti.

"YOO WHAT THE FUCK" i shouted loudly.

Breeze gave me a look that made me wanna slap the shit out of her.

Jada stood up laughing but stopped when she saw me. Now some other girl was in the circle leaving all the attention on her and away from us.

"Ddot whe-" she started.

"Nah dont start wit me hoe I SHOULD FUCK Y'ALL UP" I said with a voice crack. I specifically was looking at Notti.

"Listen ddot we was gone tell you-" I interrupted him.

"YOU KNOW I WANT HER ETHAN!! YOU KNOW I WAS GONE ASK HER, WE EVEN MADE A PLAN TOGETHER NIGGA!! YOU A FUCKING OPP" I shoved him backwards.

"Keep yo hands off me" he hit my arm.

"AND YOU LIED TO ME" I snapped my neck towards her.

"You told me you was going w breeze and tay" I lowered my voice.

"I am with Tay and breeze.... and Notti... and dd" she scratched her neck.

"You not even taking ts serious" I shook my head.

"I am ddot!! But you can't just be mad at me. YOU DIDN'T ASK!! We not even together" she said.

"Oh das how it is ma? That's da excuse?" I scoffed.

"That came out wrong Darrien..." she looked sorry.

"Nah continue hanging wit ya new man" I walked off and went to sit on the sidewalk.

After a few minutes I heard a door open behind me.

"Mh" I heard dd's soft voice say.

I turned to him and rolled my eyes.

"You knew didn't you?" I asked as I looked out to the parking lot.

"I did but.... Notti was gonna tell you" He sat next to me.

"Was he?" I really questioned.

"Istg he was. Jada said that was the only way she was gonna go w him" he defended.

"Well look where we at now. They here and ian even know bout it"

"Nigga whenever he tried to bring it up you stopped him" he huffed.

"Das not true" I snapped.

"YEAH, IT IS!! He said the word dance and you immediately started talking bout Jada" he laughed.