𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

"𝘚𝘰 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘴?"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╰┈˚ · ° .   ɪᴛ ᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ dinner was the only meal where the Archeron twins were invited to attend, which was fine. Three meals a day with Tamlin and Lucien would have been torturous.

While Lucien ranted to Tamlin about some malfunction of the magical, carved eye that indeed allowed him to see, Maiven continued to eat as Feyre slipped a dining knife in her sleeve.

The younger Archeron twin mentally chuckled as she watched her sister try not to panic and not be discovered by the two High faes in the room.

Lucien's red hair shone in the firelight, the colors flickering with every movement he made, and the jewels in the hilt of his sword glinted—the ornate blade so unlike the baldric of knives still strapped across Tamlin's chest. And while the sword was embedded with jewels and filigree, it was large enough to be more than decoration.

Lucien paused, turning to Maiven smirking at the girl, making the scar even more brutal. "Were you admiring my sword, or just contemplating killing me, Maiven?"

"Both" She answered unbothered

After that, it was Tamlin that broke the silence. "Feyre likes to hunt."

"I don't like to hunt. I hunted out of necessity. And how did you know that?" She questioned the blonde Fae

Tamlin's stare was bald, assessing. "Why else were you in the woods that day? You had a bow and arrows in your ... house. When I saw your father's hands, I knew he wasn't the one using them." He gestured to her scarred, callused hands. "You told him about the rations and money from pelts. Faeries might be many things, but we're not stupid. Unless your ridiculous legends claim that about us, too." He then switched his stare to Maiven "You on the other hand, your scars are different from hers. You hunted too I could guess, but not as often as she did because you had a job. Merissa said that you are covered in scars, from head to toe, so what I actually want to know is why. Why are you covered in scars? Why were you dressed that way the day you came here and why did you had that amount of weapons on you? Tell us, Maiven"

His voice wasn't demanding. It wasn't harsh. For once he actually seemed... intrigued.

Maiven's smirk widen as she looked at the High Faes in front of her "I will answer that question if... you give me back my knife"

"Why is it so important to you? You could have asked for any of your weapons but you asked for that knife. Why?" Tamlin's interest was very amusing to her and of course, she wouldn't even answer half of what he asked her, but Maiven wanted her knife back. She knew that asking for it so much was like giving him one of her weaknesses, but at that moment she couldn't care less. She just needed it back.

"Give me it back and I will answer your questions"

He clenched his jaw before answering with a firm no.

Mai rolled her eyes as Lucien asked his question

He cleared his throat. "How old are you two, anyway?"

"Nineteen. We obviously are twins" Feyre responded

Lucien tsked. "So young, and so grave. And you are a skilled killer already."

Maiven snorted at that. Oh you don't even know — She thought

"Who is the oldest?" Tamlin spoke

"Feyre" The youngest replied

"So is this what you do with your lives? Spare humans from the Treaty and have fine meals?" Maiven gave a pointed glance toward Tamlin's baldric, the warrior's clothes, Lucien's sword.

Lucien smirked. "We also dance with the spirits under the full moon and snatch human babes from their cradles to replace them with changelings—"

"Didn't ...," Tamlin interrupted, his deep voice surprisingly gentle, "didn't your mother tell you anything about us?"

"Our mother didn't have the time to tell us stories." Feyre revealed

Lucien, for once, didn't laugh.

After a rather stilted pause, Tamlin asked, "How did she die?" When Maiven lifted her brows, he added a bit more softly, "I didn't see signs of an older woman in your house."

"Typhus. When we were eight." She rose from her seat to leave.

"Feyre," Tamlin said, and she half turned. A muscle feathered in his cheek.

Lucien glanced between them, that metal eye roving, but kept silent. Then Tamlin shook his head, the movement more animal than anything, and murmured, "I'm sorry for your loss."

She turned on her heel and left with a last nod to her sister.

"Don't worry. Not much of a loss to be honest" Maiven said, she too raising from her sit now

"Is- is that her that did that to you. Your scars I mean" Lucien asked almost tentatively

For a moment her body froze. As much as she was not a good mother she wasn't the one that made them.

"No." Maiven truthfully answered before continuing "Don't mistake me for my sister, I don't have her heart. So even if you promised that no one would harm us, I promise something to you too. If something happens to my sister I will make blood rain on your court, High Lord" She said looking at Tamlin for the last part "I can promise you that even if I am human, your roses will be watered by blood. Not even the fairies that you glamoured from us will be safe" Her face was void of any human emotion as she stared at them with the promise of death dancing on her tongue "You want to know who gave me my scars? One of your kind did. And trust me, he made sure that I knew how to give them too. And even worse" The Archeron girl held her chin high as she stared at the two faes in front of her.

She started to walk out of the room before a thought stopped her in her tracks

Maiven turned around looking at the High Lord of the Spring Court and bowed at her waist with a wide smirk on her face.

"High Lord" She said mockingly at the blond-haired fae still sat at the table

Once again she turned around now fully walking out of the room

The last thing she heard before being out of earshot was a the howling laugh coming from Lucien and a groan from the High Lord himself

˗ˏˋ 𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞 ˊˎ˗

Hello everyone!

Double update today. This is a smaller one. Maiven is a badass in this chapter and I am living for it. What do y'all think about her?

Anyway please if you liked this chapter, leave a comment and a star. I really appreciate it.

𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞!

– 𝐋𝐨𝐥𝐚 ☾