𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

"𝘔𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╰┈˚ · ° .  ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴀɪ ᴅɪᴅ after a long bath was looking for her sister.

She knocked on her door waiting for her voice to invite her in.

But it never came.

The human girl slowly opened the door, calling her sister's name softly. Looking around she found her at the end of her bed shaking, still covered in blood.

"Fey" Mai whispered, approaching her slowly. She didn't answer.

Maiven closed her eyes for a second. Her own emotion still muffled by the thick walls that she had created but she knew that her sister needed her. So she took Feyre's hands in hers. Her eyes snapped to meet Maiven's as tears started to pour down her cheeks.

"It's okay, you are safe now" Mai whispered calmly trying to soothe her twin.

The younger girl sat next to her sibling on the bed letting out a small breath before bringing her twin in her arms, hugging her tightly. Feyre's body shook with sobs as her sister stroked her hair trying to soothe her.

After minutes of crying Feyre calmed enough to start talking

"I'm sorry" She said quietly

"For what? You have nothing to be sorry for Fey" Mai replied with a soft tone

"I left you. You could have died"

At her response Maiven took her face between her hands

"I told you to run. If it makes you feel better you would have been a distraction" She said teasingly trying to lighten up the mood a bit "You did nothing wrong Feyre. Understood?" She continued with a more firm tone. The older Archeron just nodded even if still unsure.

"C'mon you need a bath" Maiven said earning a chuckle from her sister

They spent the couple hours before dinner together. Mai helped her bathe and they talked like they often did back in the cottage. Something that the younger girl really missed.

Eventually they both made their way into the dining room. Lucien and Tamlin already there waiting for them at the table.

"Good evening," Maiven said, moving to her usual seat. Lucien cocked his head in a silent inquiry, and she gave him a subtle nod as she sat down. His secret was still safe