ⅩⅩⅥ

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔

"𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝟔 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧

╰┈˚ · ° .  ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ᴡᴇᴇᴋꜱ ᴘᴀꜱꜱᴇᴅ ꜱɪɴᴄᴇ ʀʜʏꜱᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ᴍᴀɪᴠᴇɴ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅꜱɪɴɢᴇʀꜱ. In those three weeks she would periodically sneak out almost every night and go to the Moonstone Palace with Rhys.

He helped her train her powers and when he had something else to do, Maiven would just sit in her room at the Palace reading all about the previous Bloodsinger. About their lives and history. About their magic and sometimes practicing alone.

Now she was back at the Spring Court. Maiven layed on her bed, her arm raised as blood flowed between her hands.

Rain, salt and citrus drifted up her nose.

Mai followed the connection inside of her until she could feel and see those red and black strands that formed their bond.

"Sneak out" Rhysand grumbled

"Not even a hello, Vee? " Maiven asked sarcastically

"Just sneak out." He said before his scent was gone

The Bloodsinger changed into the League's uniform and before she sneaked out she casted a spell on her room. It was something that she worked hard on. It would alert her if someone was entering her room.

Maiven ran through the forest and in minutes she arrived at the familiar tree where Rhysand would appear.

He was already there and without any warning the High Lord winnowed the two to the Moonstone Palace.

As they arrived the girl glared at Rhys "What crawled up your pants, grandpa!" Maiven shouted after him.

But as the two walked inside the living room a tall male was grinning at her.

He had black, shoulder-length hair, golden-brown skin, and hazel eyes. On his back she could see two massive, membranous wings. He wore a leather armor and, with what she recognized, seven red siphons.