ⅩⅨ

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗

" 𝘚𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘣𝘶𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘱 "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╰┈˚ · ° .   ɪᴛ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ꜰᴇʏʀᴇ'ꜱ ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴛᴀꜱᴋ.

A torch-lit cavern formed the massive arena.

A wooden platform erected above the crowd. Atop it sat Amarantha and Tamlin and before it, the exposed labyrinth of tunnels and trenches running along the floor.

The crowd was along the banks as a group of six males stood around the platform.

All the High Lords of Prythian.

Maiven was escorted by two guards on her side. Both red-skinned and brutal. They stopped just in front of Amarantha.

The human girl was dressed in her League's uniform made of leather and fabric. Her numerous knives located in their respective places, her hunting knife on her right thigh and her sword sheathed on her left side.

Her hood was raised on her head concealing her golden-brown hair that was styled in a braid and the veil was lifted to cover up her face.

Just her eyes were visible. Gray and cold and inexpressive.

"Maiven! I'm glad that you made it before your sister" Amarantha spoke "Don't worry she will be here soon. Go and stand behind with the others so you can have the best view. I hope you'll enjoy the show" She said with a cunning smirk

Maiven didn't wait a second more and walked past Amarantha and Tamlin. She passed by the six High Lord, each one of them studying her with careful looks. She didn't even bother to acknowledge any of them. Not even Rhysand.

She took the most far away spot trying to stay away from everyone. She still had a good view of the arena and Maiven didn't know if that was a good or a bad thing.

She didn't know what task this was going to be. She was afraid that her sister was going to die and she couldn't do anything about it other than look from above.

Maiven believed in Feyre, she really did, but there were things, that not even with all her faith in her sister, Mai thought she could win against.

They were both just humans.