ⅩⅪ

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

" 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╰┈˚ · ° .  ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜ ᴘᴀꜱꜱᴇᴅ ᴀꜱ ᴀ ʙʟᴜʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ for Feyre's third and final task arrived.

Maiven was escorted by the red-skinned guards to the throne room. Just her gray eyes and forehead visible, as the hood was raised over her head and the veil was placed on her face.

The crowd of faeries and High faes alike parted, as the two guards walked Maiven in front of the dais, where sat on the throne, was Amarantha, and next to her Tamlin in his usual place.

"It seems like my time with you, my little assassin, has come to an end" Amarantha sighed "A shame, really. I will miss your deadly hands." She smiled slyly "Who knew, a human, could have such talent for torture and death" She said looking around the room "Your sister will be here shortly. I am sure you will like to see her before her inevitable death" she told her with a feline smile, before the door of the throne room opened, and Feyre was escorted in.

Maiven moved to the side, her mind swirled with her thought

"Inevitable death" Amarantha had said

Feyre will never get out of here alive. Not even if she win the third task— Maiven realized

"Two trials lie behind you," Amarantha said to Feyre "And only one more awaits. I wonder if it will be worse to fail now—when you are so close. Any words to say before you die?"

"I love you," Feyre said, looking at Tamlin. "No matter what she says about it, no matter if it's only with my insignificant human heart. Even when they burn my body, I'll love you." she concluded as tears streamed down her face.

Amarantha said sweetly, "You'll be lucky, my darling, if we even have enough left of you to burn."

Feyre turned her head to the side and her eyes landed on Mai but words didn't leave her mouth as the two twins just stared at each other.

They already knew, both of them. They didn't need to say any words to know that they loved each other.

Amarantha propped her chin on her hand "You never figured out my riddle, did you?" she said, interrupting the twins.