Ch. 20

Izuku sat, waiting to be called for the match. He rubbed his wrist. Small stones, mostly aquamarine, rose from the ground.

Midnight knocked on the wall. "You ready?" She knew of their relationship, but there was no way for her to contest the match.

Izuku took a deep breath, and rose. "Yeah."

He followed her out. He noticed Endeavor watching, wanting to see how things would go.

Izuku walked up the steps, seeing Todoroki doing the same.

"I'M SURE WE'RE ALL EXCITED TO SEE HOW OUR FIRST MATCH OF THE QUARTER FINALS WILL GO! WE HAVE THE CLASS REPRESENTATIVE, IZUKU MIDORIYA, VS THE SON OF THE NUMBER TWO HERO, SHOTO TODOROKI!"

Todoroki shot off a glacier. Izuku clapped his hands, putting up a barrier of black stone. The ice shattered when it hit the wall.

Izuku vaulted over his shield and raced up the ice. He had the foresight to add small spikes to the bottom of his shoes, allowing him to avoid slipping on the ice.

Todoroki, with the glacier being his biggest move, knew he would need to get Izuku with smaller moves. He set off spikes of ice, but Izuku was fast. When it looked he was able to be hit, he summoned a skeleton that took the blow for him.

"Why aren't you using your fire!?" Todoroki gasped.

Izuku's eyes were angry. "Your losing potential! Why won't you use it?!"

Todoroki snarled. He could fell ice forming on his skin. He was shivering. He set off a second glacier.

Izuku was caught by it, but he slammed his hand into it. "SERVE ME!"

Hundreds of skeletons erupted from the ice. They seemed to be from the American Civil War. They were armed with bayonets. They charged down the ice.

"Use your fire!" Izuku yelled at him. "It's your quirk! NOT HIS!"!

Todoroki's eyes widened. Fire roared from his left side. He stuck his arm out and set off a blast of fire. It burned the skeletons to a crisp.

Izuku smiled. 'There we go. Now we're talking!'

Izuku cover his fist in black stone. He smashed the ice around him. He raced down the ice.

Todoroki shot off a second blast of fire. Izuku put up another black stone wall. Thanks to the fire, the wall had a heavy shadow.

Izuku slipped through it. He appeared behind Todoroki.

Todoroki caught him in his peripheral vision, but it was too late. Izuku put his hands together.

Before he could react, Todoroki was incased in black stone. He knew he couldn't use his fire, as it would suck out the oxygen.

"WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT! IZUKU MIDORIYA HAS DEFEATED SHOTO TODOROKI!"

Izuku put the stone down and Todoroki smiled. He held up Izuku's hand, and the crowd cheered.

Izuku was blushing like crazy. They walked off the ring to see Recovery Girl, just to make sure that they weren't hurt.

As they walked to the stands, Izuku saw Endeavor glaring at him. Izuku gave him a smiled and a small friendly wave.

Luckily for Izuku, he wasn't hurt. Todoroki had a few burns from using his fire quirk for the first time, but they weren't that very serious.

Izuku had to leave, as he wasn't needed there, and he was crowding up space.

Before he left, he squeezed Todoroki's hand. "If your father bothers you, let me know." Izuku muttered.