Ch. 27

Izuku changed into his hero costume, while Mirko stood outside. The wounds on his chest still stung, but they didn't hurt as much.

Once he put his mask, Mirko turned around. She smiled. "You ready?"

Izuku took a deep breath. "I think so. I haven't done this before."

Mirko put a hand on his shoulder. "Well, this will be good practice."

Izuku nodded. "Let's do this."

The second they walked out of the hospital, Izuku saw just how many cameras were there. There seemed to be hundreds, even if practically, there were probably less then 50. He was deafened by the clicking of the cameras.

"How did you defeat Stain?" One reporter asked.

"How did you find him?"

"How did you stay within the law?"

"Who is your dog? Is he part of your quirk?"

Izuku glanced at Mirko. "Am I okay to address them?"

Mirko smiled. "Go for it."

Izuku stepped forward. He held out his hands to stop the questions. He noticed that one of the cameras had a blinking red dot. 'So I'm live.' "I know you have many questions, but I'm afraid that now isn't the time. I'm only interning. I deleted Stain with the help of others, while acting within the law."

"What's your name?" One reporter asked.

"Call me Shinigami." Izuku put his hands behind his back. "I'm sorry, but my mentor and I have a lot of work to do."

Izuku walked away with Mirko. Once they were far enough away, Mirko punched his shoulder gently. "Not bad Shinigami."

Izuku smiled. "You think so?"

She nodded. "For a first time, you handled that like a pro."

Izuku blushed under his mask. "Thanks Mirko-san."

He looked around. "So what are we doing?

Mirko agusted her hair. "We're going to partol. Make sure there aren't any more of those Nomus."

《•~~~•》

Once the internship ended, Izuku was ready to go back him. He had just finished packing up his hero suit when Mirko, in casual wear, knocked.

He turned to her. "Yeah?" Izuku was wearing a red t-shirt, a light gray jacket, in both color and duty, jeans with a few small holes, and brown hiking boots.

She smiled. She held out a choker. It had an emerald, an orange gem, likely mexican fire opal, and a piece of quarts, half white, half red. "I saw it a few days ago. I wanted to get you something. It reminded me of your relationship."

Izuku gasped. He stood up, and took the necklace. "It's so pretty!"

Mirko chuckled. 'He's still like a little kid.' "You need some help getting it on?"

Izuku nodded. "It would be helpful."

Mirko took back the choker, and Izuku turned around. She clipped it on, pleased that it fit perfectly.

Izuku touched it. "Thanks Mirko-san."

She nodded. "You ready to go?"

Izuku nodded again. He secured his suitcase to the harness on Cerberus, who was small again, and grabbed his costume case. "Yep! Thanks for letting me intern with you. I learned a lot!"