Ch. 36

It only took ten minutes for the doctor to arrive. He came into the room, and he smiled at Izuku.

Izuku smiled back. The doctor had short black hair and a black beard. He had silver eyes with gold rings around them.

The doctor set a clipboard down. "Hello, Midoriya-kun. My name is Kiro Kari. I'll be doing a check-up. I will need you to answer a few questions. After that, you can ask me some. Okay?"

Izuku nodded.

The doctor slung off his stethoscope. He helped Izuku sit up and pressed it to his back. "Breath in. And out."

Izuku followed the instructions, and the doctor smiled. "Good. Your lungs are good." After listening to his heartbeat, he grabbed a blood pressure cuff and took his blood pressure.

After it beeped, he looked at it. "110 over 90. It's not the best, but not the worst."

He took the clipboard. "Okay, now questions. Are you on any medication?"

Izuku shook his head. "No."

"Do you smoke?"

Izuiu wrinkles his nose. "Ew, no."

Kari chuckled. "I always find it amusing when someone says that. Next, are you $ə×ua|¥ active?"

Izuku shook his head. "I'm not really ready for that."

Kari nodded. "Okay. I just have to ask. Now, are you used to your body turning into shadows?"

"It happens as a part of my quirk." Izuku said. "It what happens when I overuse it."

Kari scribbled down his notes. "What do you remember? Miss Akira said that you told her that you don't remember what happened."

Izuku blinked. "Miss Akira?"

"The nurse who came in."

"Oh." Izuku nodded. "The last thing that I remember is Muscular mocking about how he killed my biological father."

"I'm sorry about that." Hari clicked his pen. "I would like to run some blood tests. Are you okay with that?"

Izuku nodded. "Okay."

Hari stood up. "One last thing, was there anyone around you when Muscular was mocking you?"

Izuku looked down. "Yeah. His name is Kota Izumi."

"Is it spelled K-O-T-A I-Z-O-M-I?"

"I-Z-U-M-I." Izuku corrected.

Making the adjustment, Hari tucked the clipboard under his arm. "Alright. A nurse will be here to take some blood samples in a few minutes."

Izuku smiled. "Okay!"

Hari nodded and left.

《•~~~•》

A few hours after the nurse got his blood, Hari came back with a smile. "Okay. It seemed that your boy just needed time to recover. You will need to stay for about a week or so more."

Izuku nodded. "Thank you."

Hari smiled. "I'm going to tell your adoptive father that you're awake. Is there anyone else I should call?"

Izuku blushed. "Um, maybe my boyfriends?"

Hari nodded. "Not a problem. What are their names?"

Izuku wanted to sigh in relief, glad that his doctor wasn't homophobic. "Kastuki Bakugo and Shoto Todoroki."

Hari jotted the names down. "I can tell that you were worried about me judging you. Don't worry. I myself have a husband."